The online racing simulator
TrackIr 5 Questioning.
(10 posts, started )
TrackIr 5 Questioning.
Is it worth it?

Is it truely worth the somewhat big expense?

What is the quality of it?

Is it lag free? Is the product made well basically?
Do they last a long time? Does the product start to quit working properly after alot of use?

Is there anything important I should know about it?
I have a TrackIr 4 (bought primarily for flight-simming, before even discovering LFS); it works wonders, I couldn't do without it anymore.

Of course, it works as well with LFS and I always use it, it's just a matter of setting it up well, with proper deadzones and curves and all that, so it doesn't always move. Another thing that might need adjusting is your PC/monitor position relative to your environmental light sources (windows, reflections, direct sun-light and such).
It adds to immersion a lot, even if (at first) it can be a bit disorienting.

TIR5 must be even better than TIR4 (well, it should be!).
I'do definitely go for it, granted $ are available!

Edit1: It doesn't quit working, quality (TIR4) is top-level and still rocks after 3 heavy-duty years. It doesn't lag at all, you can adjust sensitivity and curves in every way on 6 axis (6DOF), latest software is a big improvement...well I'm totally biased!!!

Edit2: You know there are also other (free software) DIY solutions ?
Thanks for the reply. I just didn't feel like paying a big price and having it failing or getting glitchy after a year.

If it lasted three years and I had to buy another, i'd be satisfied with the product.

I'm not sure what you mean by "other solutions", but if you mean I could make one or such... I'd rather just buy one that probably would be better or last longer.

Glad to hear yours is still going strong after three years, it's a technology I haven't tried and have been wanting to. So I feel it's time to buy one and see how it works. Theres really alot of games that I play that are supported such as,

Arma 2, GTR2, LFS, Microsoft Flight simuatlor X, Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, Il-2 Sturmovik . Maybe alittle bit of Test Drive Unlimited.

And I could see it being useful in all of those games.

EDIT: And ofcourse this game.
Takes a little getting used to, but eventually it will really become second nature to use and you will use it without thought.

You can look across corners, see the apexes easier and finding a gap in the traffic if you need to get back on the tarmac is much easier. I would feel handicapped to race without mine now.

I'm wondering if its worth the cost to upgrade from Ti4 to 5
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
...And so...how's your TrackIR going Runeman ??
Thread hijacking/necromancing! It is better than open a new one just for ask a questionrelated to Freetrack mentioned above:

I can't solder neither I have soldering equipment. So, instead of making a led cap could I buy the Track Clip Pro and use that as led device?

thanks for answering
Quote from Asphalt Scream :...So, instead of making a led cap could I buy the Track Clip Pro and use that as led device?...

Disclaimer: I'm the last one capable of giving these kind of advices, as I don't know a single bit about electricity, Ohms, diodes, leds, emitters and such...

It could maybe work, TrackClip is in fact 3 leds emitting some kind of light. "Problem" is that TrackIR sensor (the one that sits on the monitor) is not a proper webcam, maybe TrackClip output is biased for TrackIR...????

I don't know....what I wrote sounds to me just as a lot of nonsense

Look here!
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1940

...And search info on the correct forums
Grazie!

My main concerns were just about led positioning and that they could be of different types.
Your link says that it works. You are right, now I will search there for more info!
Thank you again.

TrackIr 5 Questioning.
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG