The online racing simulator
Real Radio
(14 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to have a radio in your car ?

No
Yes
Real Radio
Hey guys! I remember that when i played GTA on my computer ( dont know what version) i could have a own radio post.
how about this for LFS? just a map where you put your songs in, & then u get a kind of radio button to turn it on / off in LFS.
& when the radio is playing you see the songname on the radio, and when its off, you see a digital clock r something..?
i just want this so i dont need to use windows media or so cause this would just be allot cooler..
and i do NOT *repeats NOT* want other people to hear the music that comes from my car!
I dont wanna go all jhonny style with the speakers wide open over blackwood,
or paint my rims black and act like 50 cent with the speakers wide open on a cruise server...

Edit: a other idea just crossed my mind. You probelly noticed that all radio's got there website.
On there website, you can listen live to that radio station. Usually you need a URL to put in windows media.
maybe there also could be a sort of menu like this?
And how about you can save up to 6 URL's?
Then it would be like a real car radio
Radio will only be for the road cars ofcourse ^^
Yes i know, this has absolutely nothing to do with racing. But LFS is more about racing.
There is also Cruising. I think allot of cruisers would like this idea, just chilling in there car, chatting.
listening to the radio ^^ and maybe go for a cruise :]
I don't mind the idea of having the ID3 tag of a track you're listening to appear on the stereo, but if these are race-prepped cars they might have all of that stuff removed

Radio feeds on the other hand would be a bad idea. Streaming audio uses bandwidth, meaning that loads of people would be downloading all the time. And you must know what downloading does to ping times!
Quote from Dajmin :I don't mind the idea of having the ID3 tag of a track you're listening to appear on the stereo, but if these are race-prepped cars they might have all of that stuff removed

Radio feeds on the other hand would be a bad idea. Streaming audio uses bandwidth, meaning that loads of people would be downloading all the time. And you must know what downloading does to ping times!

i also said that it ws only for the road cars :-) and the streaming ws also just an idea
#4 - Myffe
Radio would be great. But only in cruise servers.
Real Radio? Listening to Ewan and Roughy would be distracting
Quote from profike :Hey guys! I remember that when i played GTA on my computer ( dont know what version) i could have a own radio post.
how about this for LFS? just a map where you put your songs in, & then u get a kind of radio button to turn it on / off in LFS.

Why not use the music player that already exist in lfs?
wich is?
Quote from profike :wich is?

for this to work the sound files that you want to use ingame need to be in the ogg vorbis (OGG) file format and be put in your LFS/data/ogg folder.

In LFS,

Options - Audio - Set music while racing to [ON] then - Channels (bottom right)

Click on channel 1

then on the right, click new, track 1 will be added, then click name and choose the track you want, repeat until you have all the ones in the order you like, save, done!

Shift K skips to the next track in the list when driving, and it even comes up in the top left corner of the screen which track you have selected.
it still would be pretty nice to see the songname come on the radio of the road cars
Or you could just listen to the radio while playing LFS. Doesn't eat up bandwidth. You have a large selection of different channels which you can change from a remote. You even get the latest news.

Or is this just too old school for you tech geeks?
Quote from March Hare :Or is this just too old school for you tech geeks?

Old school? I am often racing to the tones of Radio 2
i'd rather have a built in MP3 player where you would point lfs to your music folder and hey presto. job done.
having the files converted to OGG only duplicates media you already have.
i would say that this option should only be available to road cars.
Yes for a radio
would be a nice radio, but have every style of music and those who do not want radio to have assumed that there will still be on and off button so that I do not see the sense to vote negative
Looking at some of these suggestions lately I think some of you are confusing this racing simulator for a life simulator. Put a radio on your desk.

Real Radio
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG