The online racing simulator
Scavier Helmet High Res Version
(14 posts, started )
Hi Guys!

I am using the standard Scavier helmet since I began racing in LFS.

After a couple of years, I changed the orange to Yellow.
(see here) (and here)

But the problem is, the skin still is in 512x512.

Now, I tried to start a High-Resolution project, but I just can't seem to get the Decals right... I did the sponsors, but the Decals stay Low Resolution.
(See Here)

Now my question is: Could somebody please try to make the decals in 2048x2048? And make every decal in a single layer?

If it's possible I'd like to recieve the PSD or AI file also afterwards, for any further work. I will leave the disclaimer on it (If you'll put one on it)

I hope somebody can do it, because I've been stressing on it for a very long time already.

Thanks in Advance!
Nice
could anyone please help me out??

ps. wow, after playing lfs since 2004 I realised 5 minutes ago that Scavier is made up with the developers names!

Scavier - SCA(wen)-VI(ctor)-ER(ic)
What do you need ? The designs colored in yellow, black and white ? Actually all but logos right ?
I've actually done up a layered version (2048x2048) of the Evostar helmet(the blue and orange version) which uses the same design in different colours. I believe I have (or maybe only had? May have lost it) a high res version of the EnB logo, too.

Let me know if you still need this, I might be able to do it up for you.

[EDIT] Best to PM me if you need it; I don't check this section of the forums often.

[EDIT 2] Just checked, and I no longer have a high rez EnB logo, though I'd be happy to trace it again as I'd like to have it anyways. It's the only part of the skin that I'm missing, so it wouldn't take too long to make this for you. If you want I could change up some of the things on it, too (sponsors, colours, etc)
Well, I have tried to give you some base, hope it will be enough for what you need There might be some adjustments to make, I did it a bit fast

Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?m4nqjmmi2mi

Let know if you need more
Thanks for all the help guys!
I'll check the designs tomorrow, since I'm posting this with my phone.

I'm going to sleep and dream of my happenings this evening (I got pulled over by the police, hehe:tilt

I'll get back to you as soon as possible
Quote from Mullog :Well, I have tried to give you some base, hope it will be enough for what you need There might be some adjustments to make, I did it a bit fast

Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?m4nqjmmi2mi

Let know if you need more

Thanks for the kit! It's a perfect fit Thanks!

I tried to give it some depth with adding shadows etc, and though they don't line up very well, I think it looks better already

Now I just need to find something to fill the big yellow part on the side. Maybe you guys have any Ideas?
Quote from dutchshogun :
Now I just need to find something to fill the big yellow part on the side. Maybe you guys have any Ideas?

Razor Wire graphic?
or a tribal of some sort?
Quote from jrd.racer :Razor Wire graphic?
or a tribal of some sort?

No sorry, I'm not very fond of tribals on my skins. Reminds me too much of ricers

Ps, I released a kit for the helmet, if you ever want to make a helmet skin, it might help you out It's in the skins help/template section.
Ok i bro,
I hate making helmet skins, maybe the kit will help.
Thnx.
As I am searching for a helpfull kit to make helmets I found this one. But the download link isn't working anymore...

Is there someone that still has this kit in .psd file?

R.Kardol
Quote from Ripley :This one maybe?
http://www.barkingpig.org/msz/pages/kits.php

And some help
http://skinnerz.proboards.com/board/2/general-skin-help-faq

Thanks for your reply, but this kit I already have. It's just hard to make a nice helmet with decent circle lines on top (Hope you understand this). That's why I liked this idea because it's like a template where you just can add colours.

I know skinning is about practice but cars are easier to do than helmets as that template is a bit different.

So if someone can restore the link or has familiar kit/template I would like to hear. I am searching for this for a long time.

Any tips are welcome aswell!

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG