The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 [settings advice]
Hey guys. I just ordered the g27 it should arrive on thursday December 3 my birthday. Thanks for who ever says Happy birthday first. Main reason is i wanted to know what are the best setups for FFB and everything on control panel and LFS options for drifting and cruising. Hope to get enough info THANKS
hapy birthday
For cruising: dunno, ask racers, it should be kinda same.
For drifting: 105% overall effect, 0% damper effect and 0% spring effect in Logitech profiler, in LFS set force to something between 20 and 80 (according to strenght of your arms).
Also, set rotation to 720° (cars you would drift with have 720° wheels) and disable combined pedals.
thanks shadow...any1 have for cruise?
Try to find good settings yourself, different settings suit different people
#6 - G!NhO
Quote from diego14br :thanks shadow...any1 have for cruise?

The same, it's a simulator the physics are the same for race/cruise/drift so there is no need to have different settings.
Quote from G!NhO :The same, it's a simulator the physics are the same for race/cruise/drift so there is no need to have different settings.

But you would want to have relaxed driving while cruising, not having to resist huge FFB forces.
#8 - G!NhO
Quote from Shadowww :But you would want to have relaxed driving while cruising, not having to resist huge FFB forces.

You clearly have no wheel, it doesn't take much force to turn the wheel even while cruising.

If you don't want ffb while cruising then just turn it down or off.
Quote from G!NhO :You clearly have no wheel, it doesn't take much force to turn the wheel even while cruising.

I had.

Try 100% force in LFS and 105% in profiler
Quote from Shadowww :I had.

Try 100% force in LFS and 105% in profiler

Well it's not really hard to turn it if you put it on max, but it's annoying as it will randomly go from side to side.

Again, settings should just be the same in cruise and race.

btw i have 102 in profiler, it is best for lfs.
ya i have 101 in profiler, and 42 or around there in lfs...thats a little strong feeling in the xrt, and xrg, but the fxo is light, so i think it is about the best i can find. maybe a little less like 39. shadowww, in cruising as long as you are not racing through it, it will be a bit lighter. in drifting you need to feel the force so you can compensate for the g's and feel where the whels want to go, so 42 is a good place
#12 - Byku
Guys, You can create scripts so, FFB will change every time You will change car .
I got my G27 yesterday. I must say I'm dissapointed with the force feed back. The feeling is very close to zero, driving a dead fish isn't my cup of team ...

I've tryed your recomendation here in this thread, which are the best so far, but still so far from the G25. No feeling at all at the road and very little over the curbs. Over the grass its a little rumbling for a short moment.

To bad since turning the wheel is so smoth and nice.

I'll attach my settings (in Swedish but you know what is what uh? ... )
Attached images
g27-settings.jpg
Forgot to say I'm on XP and running the Z28
Quote from Cawwa :I got my G27 yesterday. I must say I'm dissapointed with the force feed back. The feeling is very close to zero, driving a dead fish isn't my cup of team ...

I've tryed your recomendation here in this thread, which are the best so far, but still so far from the G25. No feeling at all at the road and very little over the curbs. Over the grass its a little rumbling for a short moment.

To be honest, i have no clue what is what on screenshot of your settings as it is not one of the languages i understand, but maybe this link can help you: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel. As you can see, only Overall Effects Strenght and Degrees Of Rotation are used, as other settings are useless in LFS.
Lol ... the setup plan at the attached file is the same in all lanugages, I don't want to force you to learn Swedish ...

But thank you for the link ... I didn't know about the 101% in LFS since I never used the Logitech Profiler before. I allways run direct in LFS, but now I wanted to sign more buttons so the easiest way was to actually use it.

Never the less, I tryed those settings with about the same result ... no ffb on the track itself and only the slightest feeling on the curbs and off track. The only thing that happens when I put the slider up in LFS (up to 100) is that the wheel get havier to turn around.
Quote from Cawwa :Lol ... the setup plan at the attached file is the same in all lanugages, I don't want to force you to learn Swedish ...

But thank you for the link ... I didn't know about the 101% in LFS since I never used the Logitech Profiler before. I allways run direct in LFS, but now I wanted to sign more buttons so the easiest way was to actually use it.

Never the less, I tryed those settings with about the same result ... no ffb on the track itself and only the slightest feeling on the curbs and off track. The only thing that happens when I put the slider up in LFS (up to 100) is that the wheel get havier to turn around.

try uninstalling all logitech software/drivers and getting the latest g27 drivers off of the logitech site
Ok, I tryed with the new version and it feels a little better. Still the wheel feels completely dead at the track. The G25 use to get at least a little feeling. Tested with 75 ingame.
Quote from Cawwa :*pic of the setup in swedish*

Well for starters you don't really drive with 472 degrees wheel rotation do you?
Quote from hyntty :Well for starters you don't really drive with 472 degrees wheel rotation do you?

Yes you are right, I put it down to 420 ingame ...
Quote from Cawwa :I got my G27 yesterday. I must say I'm dissapointed with the force feed back. The feeling is very close to zero, driving a dead fish isn't my cup of team ...

To bad since turning the wheel is so smoth and nice.

I'll attach my settings (in Swedish but you know what is what uh? ... )

thanks Cawwa that really helped actually. Umm good news for me my g27 arrives 1 day earlier then i expected i keep tracking it eveyday to check hope it arrives even earlier. umm ill try all these setups and work sumtin on my own to get it right since its my first steering wheel EVER
I use this for my G27:

Ingame:
-900 degrees
-wheel compensation: 0.00
-Force: 70

Profiler:

I use this especially for drifting
i dont wanna start out with 900 degrees its TOO hard
did it come yet :d

try 720, not as hard as you think
900 hard? the wheel turns by itself :P IMO it's only better to use 900, because it will drift more precisely.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG