The online racing simulator
Anyone know much about car CD head units? (sony)
I have had a sony CDX-R330 for a while, but it ha sbeen sat in my living room for about a year as i broke the faceplate, and now i have a new one, there is a problem with the head unit itself...

For some reason, when i eject the CD, it ejects, but nowhere near far enough to get hold of as it only just becomes visible through the 2 little fabric protector bits, and the only way i can retrieve the disk is either to remove the faceplate and attempt to grab it with the very tip of my fingers, or leave the faceplate on, but jab something (usually another CD) between the partially ejected disk and the top of the head unit and hook it out that way.

Would there be something to do with the mech that needs cleaning up or adjusting does anyone know, or is the head unit screwed?
I guess its the worn out cd-eject motor. If u dont know much about electonics, bring it to repairman :]
#3 - 5haz
Maybe the motor ejects the CD by turning some belts and pulleys, maybe the belt has slipped or something and the pulleys have gone out of alignment.
#4 - garph
Set fire to the head unit. When it's burnt/melted away, hey presto you can retrieve your CD.
Lol, nice idea garph, but i think my CD would be ruined by that as well.

I can still get CD's out, but its a bit of a proceedure to do so.

Another 'quirk' it seems to have developed is that half the buttons control different things than what they are supposed to with the new faceplate, for instance, to turn the volume down you have to press the 'MODE' button, and to skip back you have to press the 'SCRL' button for some stupid reason, there are a couple of buttons where the roles are reversed too, 'ATT' and 'SOURCE' have swapped over, plus some other ones, but the car is parked 3 floors down and its cold so i will make note of what they are tomorrow.

Very odd indeed.
:bump:
Did u use a screw driver to get it out of the car?...

I had a head unit that was the same and it was due to a slight bend in the frame pinching the cd slot kinda tight, Just straightened it out and it was fine...
Thats a possibility actually, as i had to absolutely muller the shitty ministry of sound head unit that was in there with various tools including a hammer to get it out and i mangled the cage in the process, and although i straightened it, maybe its not as straight as it needs to be though.

I did find a brand new cage in my dads shed today while i was over there building another bass box to fit in the boot of the roadster, god knows when or why i bought it, but there it sits on a shelf still in its wrapping, ill try swapping it tomorrow.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Another 'quirk' it seems to have developed is that half the buttons control different things than what they are supposed to with the new faceplate, for instance, to turn the volume down you have to press the 'MODE' button, and to skip back you have to press the 'SCRL' button for some stupid reason, there are a couple of buttons where the roles are reversed too, 'ATT' and 'SOURCE' have swapped over, plus some other ones, but the car is parked 3 floors down and its cold so i will make note of what they are tomorrow.

Very odd indeed.

Had a Sony head unit myself that did the exact same thing. Seemed as though pushing any of the buttons just did a random function. I'd try to change the radio station and the CD would eject. Try to change the station again and the volume would increase.

I had a wired joystick remote so I was lazy about removing it and returning it (it was a week old.) I waited too long and someone smashed out the window and stole my broken Sony unit, but left the remote. It was a 2 door Toyota 4Runner and I had 2 amps mounted under the seat. They had to have stepped on my good Denon amp to get to the 12 inch subs in the back. They were broken too, and they stole them.

Left me everything that was still good and stole all my broken stuff!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG