The online racing simulator
Setting 16V in LFS tweak
(13 posts, started )
Setting 16V in LFS tweak
hi ,

im curently trying to make a saxo VTS , im wondering if it's possible to set 16V in LFS tweak... any idea ?

thx in advance
No.
how much turbo boost to get a 16V power in your opinion ?
You mean 16 valve? If the torque and horsepower figures are close to the real thing -> it should be close enough
#5 - ajp71
Anyone know how many valves per cylinder each car in LFS is?
Does it matter? Only reason I see for giving internal engine specs is as a justification for a particular power/torque curve.

If you didn't know the the size and number of cylinders for each car in LFS, would it make a difference as long as the power/torque curve is realistic/reasonable for that particular car?
Quote from Forbin :Does it matter? Only reason I see for giving internal engine specs is as a justification for a particular power/torque curve.

I wouldnt think so. Compare a VW 1.8 8-valve and a 16-valve. Both are the same bore and stroke. The 16-valve makes more power in stock form, but driving a similar car, take a Scirocco for example, with both engines back to back there is a noticable difference- but like you said it is all about the powerband and the power delivery of each engine. The 8-valve has a very flat, broad torque curve, with a little extra bump right around 5500 rpms. The 16-valve is a gradual increase in power delivery until about 5000 when it starts pulling hard until 7000 rpms. Both engines are easy to model in LFSTweak and feel accurate in the Gti. LFS's engine system is quite accurate in most accounts, if you get the hp and torque in the right rpm range, it should feel pretty darn close to the real engine, nomatter how many valves it has.

Brendan
#8 - ajp71
Quote from Forbin :Does it matter? Only reason I see for giving internal engine specs is as a justification for a particular power/torque curve.

If you didn't know the the size and number of cylinders for each car in LFS, would it make a difference as long as the power/torque curve is realistic/reasonable for that particular car?

It makes a huge difference if you drive the LX6 and tell me it pulls like a 4 pot then you deserve to be shot :chairs:

I hope the devs do take this kind of detail into consideration as a twin cam engine will obviously behave in a very different way to a pushrod engine. I think this so long as the torque curve looks right mentallity and generalness of engines in LFS is concerningly like Racer.
There's an enourmous number of variables involved with a R/L engine I've never known 2 engines (even of the same type) to be alike. There are always little differences.

I've recently been trying to model my new car, a Pug 306 D Turbo. It only revs to about 4800 and peak torque starts at 2400 and stays flat until 4500. it's been quite a challenge to model, since there's no graph available (Somebody need to do something about that)

You can get reasonably close but it would be nice to have a slightly more detailed engine model. It's gonna be tough tho! i'm pretty sure it's gonna be complicated to code, however simple the model.
Well big problem their.. diesel.

Anyone know what type of fuel LFS cars run? May explain why power outputs are higher than real life *based on* cars.
I think Scawen used the calorific value of standard petrol, there's a thread on it in RSC from when he was first testing the system out.

And I doubt number of valves is modelled, to be done accurately that would be insanely complex.
#12 - saft
Quote from ajp71 : I think this so long as the torque curve looks right mentallity

thats just it, the torque curve is the differenceillepall
Quote from ajp71 :Anyone know how many valves per cylinder each car in LFS is?

I'm guessing 4!

Setting 16V in LFS tweak
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG