The online racing simulator
Targa Florio for GPL
(68 posts, started )
I had a high engine pitch problem.
I solved it by installing a newer sound package.
But I accidently changed the [Engine] Rpm Sample in the Apps file.
Can someone tell me what's the standard Rpm sample?
39:28.6 in Lotus 33 (65 car)

5 resets though. If it were real life I'd be communicating to you via Derek Acorah right now.

EDIT: 38:46.2 with 1 reset - and not a "oh I've fallen off a cliff reset", more a case of bending the steering arm too much it wasn't fun to drive.
#54 - 5haz
37:52.5 now. Anybody else driving this with the 65s?
Yeah, it's great with the 65s. I've done three complete laps and managed 40:12.42 so far with the Ferrari. I tried the BT11 the other day but I forgot to check fuel level so I ran out. Will give it another go...
Quote from 5haz :Sort of related I suppose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouok2DV0fjc

I'd love to see these cars in GPL.

Thanks for posting the link. I love that footage. It´s unbelievable not that they drive that track with this fast cars, but that you can see the whole family watching the race. From the children barely 1 year old in Grandmas arms, the 2 boys looking curiously under the masked car and "Grandpa" playing a game of cards while sitting at the "Track".

I´m sure if this took part in Germany or in another "more northern" Country the race could never be started because of some retards sueing the organizer of the race because of the noise
#58 - 5haz
Quote from buedi :Thanks for posting the link. I love that footage. It´s unbelievable not that they drive that track with this fast cars, but that you can see the whole family watching the race. From the children barely 1 year old in Grandmas arms, the 2 boys looking curiously under the masked car and "Grandpa" playing a game of cards while sitting at the "Track".

Absolutely, the rest of the DVD that thats from is pretty good as well, its called the 'speed Merchants'

Quote from buedi :I´m sure if this took part in Germany or in another "more northern" Country the race could never be started because of some retards sueing the organizer of the race because of the noise

Yup, this is Italy, and things were different back then, but like Vic says in the video its days were numbered, it only went on one more year as a world championship event and it was finished as a national event by the late 70s, I think theres a small historic rally nowadays.

EDIT: Managed a 39:42 with a 1969 BRM V12, only had to reset twice but kept losing time on the hairpins because I had to three point turn them.
Pace notes - like it

Having said that, after 3 or laps you don't learn the lap as such, but you begin to remember the bits where you crash and instinct takes over. Not knowing the track as a whole is great though - you really have to concentrate on the road ahead and have the car under control as you don't know what's coming up.
A mega necrobump: I just found out that GPL is still alive and kicking, even in Win10!

My old install instructions are as obsolete as a Betamax tape.
This is the new GPL base:
http://www.gplworld.de/en/grand-prix-legends
I have such good memories from GPL. But I can't see why I should download it, other than nostalgic reasons. But good to hear they managed to keep it working on a modern OS.
The Targa Florio is like the mother of tracks, true. We had some nice fast cruises on Assetto there.NodThumbs up
GPL will aways have a place in my heart. So many good memories and I played it through so many hardware iterations. I am glad it is still alive. It is like with LFS... I come back to it after a while again. I played a lot of newer Sims, but the physics of LFS are still the best I ever experienced in any sim... and GPL has just a special feel to it and seeing how it looked at release and what the community did to it is just unbelievable.
I'm just discovered GPL last year with the launch of GPL 2020 demo and now it's one of my favourite pc racing games in addition to LFS.

Targa Florio for GPL
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG