The online racing simulator
Mesh smashing limit
(13 posts, started )
Mesh smashing limit
Maybe there should be a limit to how much the car can be damaged, because it is impossible for a car to smash past the engine and everything.
keep in mind that the damage system .. is barely alpha at this point in time
I dont know why some people say that crash is no, or yes good???

Point of LFS is not to crash, then to race, so i think that what we have now in LFS is almost perfect. Maybe only glass crashes or some, but not more.
I've seen a car smahed beyond the engine. The difference is in LFS the motor is still running after a crash that bad... Not necessarily in a strait line, but it moves.

It would be nice if the vertices connected to glass are warped that the whole glass panel is removed ... optionally with a 'smashing' effect.
i just saw a picture the other night of an audi in germany wrapped (no joke...) around a tree, the engine and everything near the front and rear ends were......... far far away
Yes, we need more brutal damage. Smashing glass, wheels that can come off, rear suspension faliures (possibly with an offline only make the rear suspension go cheat, garbage all over the track (not like burnout, but more realistic).

But then we need an animated pit crew and marshalls
Quote :garbage all over the track

Start at the back of a full grid in Blackwood and you'll soon regret asking for it
S3, maybe even in S2. Things like this take time guys. And when this kind of damage will be implemented, you will all crash into eachother like mad, do that for 2 days and then start to whine 'i couldn't finish a race because i lost my rear end with the engine on my FZ'.
Quote from Becky Rose :Start at the back of a full grid in Blackwood and you'll soon regret asking for it

Anyone careful can make sure you don't smack anyone then

Quote from Primoz :'i couldn't finish a race because i lost my rear end with the engine on my FZ'

In which case they should have gone for another car and/or stop brake testing people.
This is an 'online racing simulator', you want it to be as realistic as possible so smashed glass, wheels that come off, broken lights, when you run on the grass pieces of mud and grass come on the track, animated pit crew doing the jobs, when you crash and you can't drive anymore (because your engine is destroyed (also one of the ideas)) marshalls come on the track and look at your car, would be awesome and very realistic to a proper race
If any of this does happen though some of it would probarbly be no earlier than S3.
You must remember that only one person codes ALL of LFS: In the big, commercial games, there are teams of lots f people (tens of them) for the whole project. Here we have only 3. So everything takes longer than it would with that team.
ok S6
I wasn't requesting anything that hard to implement! I didnt ask for detatchable wheels or anything... (although that would be cool)

Mesh smashing limit
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG