The online racing simulator
Are BSM any good for driving lessons?
(31 posts, started )
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Highly unlikely. Very few rental places will rent to anyone who hasn't held a licence for 2 years and is under 21 (I have no idea how old you are) as their insurance won't cover it. If you do find somewhere that will rent to you, you will have to pay a kings ransom.

I've been looking around. The only thing they ask when you book it is how old you are (I'm 30). A few say in their terms & conditions that you need to have had your licence for a year (like Easycar), but others just say it just needs to be a full licence.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I've been looking around. The only thing they ask when you book it is how old you are (I'm 30). A few say in their terms & conditions that you need to have had your licence for a year (like Easycar), but others just say it just needs to be a full licence.

Not too bad then, beats the places round here. I suspect that may be one of the benefits of age, it is assumed once you're over 25 you no longer drive like a prat. Which is utter horse shit.
Im with BSM now, they like to drag it out a little and have you on 2 hour lessons per week, the woman who im learning with has a good pass rate and has people queing to get on with her (no shes not fit lol) but theres been a couple of questions ive asked her and shes given me the completely wrong answer like when i first started it was jolting going into 2nd and she said i was going too fast which was bs it was down to my clutch control. Id rather go independant with a good pass rate if i did it again.
Quote from Jakg :Learning to drive in a 3-series?! WTH!

I learnt with a 330d e46. I have to say I liked the leather seats and stuff
ive got my first lesson with RED on the 14th of november, im gonna make sure i get on with the instuctor before booking alot up, standard cost is £22 an hour but the usual discount for block booking and maybe a student discount, im also gonna be putting my car on the road so i can learn as quickly as poss cos it could lead me into a job and i just wanna be driving asap
I learnt something with my instructor in regards to this if it changes your mind on BSM. He's with the AA but he said its the same with them. Basically he pays the AA to be an instructor with them, not the other way around. He's completely self employed, the same as a private instructor.

He said he pays £200 a week, but he gets their pupils and a new car every 6 months. He explained it is safe to do it this way as it promises students...as in he doesn't need to look for them...the AA name brings it to him.

He told me BSM were charging more to be part of them so...didn't go with them.

Are BSM any good for driving lessons?
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG