The online racing simulator
Hot to learn to design skins?
(13 posts, started )
Since i'm trying to learn skinning a car i am looking for anything that would teach me where the basic commands are(line drawing,circles,textures),how to use them to create a nice skin for any car in lfs.
I know photoshop,i use it to process photos but i really don't have a clue what to touch to start drawing.
Would you guys point me to the right direction?
Thanks
Ok,but it doesn't say much about drawing...that's what i lack the most...
That's better,it would be nice to have a guided tutorial from one of our best skinners but i know it would require so much time to do it
You know,a step-to-step making of a skin...
There is no good guide for make a skin. You just need to try and try
I think you just need to go and try mate, it's not dangerous you know!
Quote from daloonie :Learn Photoshop.

Yeah,i guess it's all about that.
Looks like i am learning how to make shapes but i can't make them fit exactly into a selection(for example,wings on the FOX).
I think your problem lies in the (not really) different techniques of processing photos and drawing something in PS. To me the kick was when I found out how to use the pen tool to create vectors in Photoshop and maybe that's what you're looking for. I got it with this tutorial
The rest is - simplyfied - about how to make proper selections using the different tools and how to use layer effects. At least that's what I need mostly when creating skins...
Quote from Schuppor :I think your problem lies in the (not really) different techniques of processing photos and drawing something in PS. To me the kick was when I found out how to use the pen tool to create vectors in Photoshop and maybe that's what you're looking for. I got it with this tutorial
The rest is - simplyfied - about how to make proper selections using the different tools and how to use layer effects. At least that's what I need mostly when creating skins...

Yes,what i want to do is learn to use the pen tool just to draw a couple of lines.As i understood once you've learned that tool you're half done.
Once i have a shape and i want to use it,say on the car side,how do i make it stick to the borders?Am i supposed to do it without any help from the software?I guess not but once i select just the side area with the magic wand tool i dont know what to do except filling the selection with colour.
Quote from -Rudie- :This might help you

http://webtint.net/tutorials/t ... and-you-a-complete-guide/

ive never used the pen tool EVER and ive used photoshop for maybe 10 years lol.... its probably easier to use the pen to get nice shapes but i like being complicated

I used to use shapes to make all my skins in the 5-6 years i've been using Photoshop, up until I learnt the pen tool last year. The pen tool is sooo much easier and the results are better too, much smoother. Will never look back, pen tool is the way forward!

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG