The online racing simulator
How to add an Welcome Text?
(5 posts, started )
Hi! You know, when you connect to an multiplayer server in LFS, you might see an welcome text (above the loading texts, you know, 'loading skins, objects, connecting etc.'. So, my question is, how to make one to my own server, so people can see it when (if) they connect in it..?

Thank you.
Quote from Johnny Mountain :Hi! You know, when you connect to an multiplayer server in LFS, you might see an welcome text (above the loading texts, you know, 'loading skins, objects, connecting etc.'. So, my question is, how to make one to my own server, so people can see it when (if) they connect in it..?

Make yourself a file in notepad (or something similar) called welcome.txt.

Put about 5 or 6 lines of text in your file.

You can use the ^ symbol with numbers to colour your text.

e.g.
^0 - black
^1 - red
^2 - green
^3 - yellow
etc.

Don't put too much text in, as there is a limitation of how many characters you can use. I think it's 200.
Quote from sinanju :Make yourself a file in notepad (or something similar) called welcome.txt.

Put about 5 or 6 lines of text in your file.

You can use the ^ symbol with numbers to colour your text.

e.g.
^0 - black
^1 - red
^2 - green
^3 - yellow
etc.

Don't put too much text in, as there is a limitation of how many characters you can use. I think it's 200.

I see... Where do I put the text file?
The welcome.txt file (or whatever name you call it) needs to be saved in the main LFS folder.

You also need to make sure the line /welcome=welcome.txt is enabled in the setup.cfg file (or your command line if you use one).

It is commented out in the default setup.cfg.
Thanks!

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG