The online racing simulator
video card
(21 posts, started )
video card
Hi am wondering with my video card NVIDIA GeForce MX 100/200 (microaoft Corporation) Is it old if so how old and is there any updates for it can you give me a website where i can try and get updates.
#2 - Jakg
its VERY old, and i dont know what you mean "Updates" as i doubt the nVidia drivers support MXes, although prove me wrong by all means!
Quote from Jakg :its VERY old, and i dont know what you mean "Updates" as i doubt the nVidia drivers support MXes, although prove me wrong by all means!

Oh man everything is old in my pc anyway what i mean be updates is to get new video card with out going to a shop that what i mean. like office updates and winows updates well is there updates like for that wideo card or something.
Erm, you mean like download a new graphics processor?
Way WAY back (like early to mid 1990's at the latest, before the dawn of 3D graphics cards), there was a time when you could add memory to a video card. Your card came out around 2000. The only thing you can do these days to make your video card faster is overclocking, and I wouldn't recommend it, especially since you will see pretty much no gain at all out of that card.

Your best bet is build a new system.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :Erm, you mean like download a new graphics processor?

i was thinking thats what he meant, but didnt want to say anything!

EDIT - Back on topic! Putting a new GFX card in is not hard IF you know how, but, looking at that GFX card i dont think its your only problem, and your probably best off with a new PC
#7 - SatCP
Quote from faster111 :Hi am wondering with my video card NVIDIA GeForce MX 100/200 (microaoft Corporation) Is it old if so how old and is there any updates for it can you give me a website where i can try and get updates.

The MX 100/200 cards are GeForce 2 cards. The GeForce 2 is - although outdated for modern computer games - still sufficient for games that require not too much. For LFS it's about the lowest you can go, but it works (I used to drive with a GeForce 2 GTS on a P3 700 - with the graphics somewhat turned down the framerate was _acceptable_).

Now to answer your question, all you need is the driverpack from nVidia (the manufacturers of the GeForce chips). The driverpack supports all their cards since the antique TNT2 up to the latest GeForce 7900GTX.

Anyway, you should consider upgrading...
Ive been playing lfs with the geforce mx2 card now since I began playing like a year and a half ago, and I got this pc in 2000. Somehow I've loved this game enough to keep playing it with a really shitty system too.. And I'm almost done putting together a much better system right now which Ill be able to play online with driveable fps now!
#9 - Jakg
hes trying to download the drivers now, would the omegas be better than the nVidias?
Quote from Jakg :hes trying to download the drivers now, would the omegas be better than the nVidias?

The Omega drivers are not official. They are based on the official drivers with a few tweaks and extra applications to get the most out of your card. If you are looking at pure speed, the Omega drivers may be a good choice, but - even though many don't have any issues - they may be a bit less stable than the official drivers.

Make sure you download the Omega drivers for nVidia cards. ATI Omega won't do much

But don't expect miracles. You should face it. A GF2 is just the bare minimum. I had a GF2 GTS which is one of the fastest GF2 cards. The MX series are the slowest. You'll probably get the game running with a more or less acceptable framerate, but at the cost of mediocre graphics. I know money doesn't grow on most people's back, but for gaming you can't get around the fact that you have to update every once in a while.
Quote from SatCP :The Omega drivers are not official. They are based on the official drivers with a few tweaks and extra applications to get the most out of your card. If you are looking at pure speed, the Omega drivers may be a good choice, but - even though many don't have any issues - they may be a bit less stable than the official drivers.

Make sure you download the Omega drivers for nVidia cards. ATI Omega won't do much

But don't expect miracles. You should face it. A GF2 is just the bare minimum. I had a GF2 GTS which is one of the fastest GF2 cards. The MX series are the slowest. You'll probably get the game running with a more or less acceptable framerate, but at the cost of mediocre graphics. I know money doesn't grow on most people's back, but for gaming you can't get around the fact that you have to update every once in a while.

well am going save up money to get the best video card ever but what can that be?
#12 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :well am going save up money to get the best video card ever but what can that be?

they can be up to £450, it depends what pc you actuallly have and if it s PCI, AGP, or PCI-E

EDIT - Re-Read what you said, to get the "best ever" you need it will cost £1800 for a Quad SLi set up, then about £170 for the mobo, £700 for a good processor, about £200 worth of RAM, water cooling is £150, case will cost you about £100, and all the other gubbins will cost you another £100, you'll also want a few monitors, so a 30" display should just about do it, and you'll want three, which will set you back another £3000 which in total is £6200, and if you wanna have a go on LFS youll want TrackIr, and youll also want proper pedals and a wheel, which is another £1000, so, in total, thats £7220
i wonder if he falls for that...
ok thanks for a price
#15 - Jakg
it really does depend on what you already have
#16 - Jakg
I have a XFX Geforce 6600GT extreme for AGP here and if you will buy my price is 100€!
for that mx2 i was only able to use the 40.71 drivers I think, otherwise the game or my pc would do strange things. Youre not going to be able to run a much better graphics card on that same motherboard... its probably agp 2.0 so you wouldnt be able to use anything new.
Quote from Jakg :it really does depend on what you already have

Well, compared to a GeForce 2 it's a lot faster. I have the slower 9600 version (passive cooled ) and can run LFS with full details and 2x AA and AF.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from WGooden :And I'm almost done putting together a much better system right now which Ill be able to play online with driveable fps now!

Hey, this is awesome news!
#21 - Jakg
{updated earlier post}

video card
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG