The online racing simulator

Poll : Should this be banned?

Yes, because these people abuse/kill these animal.
No, because these people use them for eating,and fur.
Quote from SidiousX :Because it's a very in-humane way to kill an animal.

Is it not in-humane to shoot humans?
An in-human way to kill anything, is when it suffers pain and not dies swift. Killing someone by torture (aka videos) is inhuman, bullet to the head - human. Of course a murder in it self on a other human, if it's done counts as in-human too. Confusing indeed, but that's off topic.
Quote from The Very End :An in-human way to kill anything, is when it suffers pain and not dies swift.

No-one who is alive has ever experienced death, so therefore how is it possible to determine what is a humane or in-humane method of killing. The fact that it's not possible to tell whether a method of killing is humane or in-humane is a good enough reason for me to not want to kill or harm any living things in general. But of course the paradox of my statement is that I'm not vegetarian. I may consider becoming vegetarian though, after thinking about it lol
No, dont shoot them, just do the same to them what they do to animals.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :no, dont shoot them, just do the same to them what they do to animals.

+1
What the fock!
I didn't see the 2nd video! now i did.
I HATE THEM
Attached images
FU!.jpg
Torture them, put nails under theyr fingernails, then rip fingernails off one buy one, brake toes and fingers one by one, then brake arms and legs one by one and so on.
Oh my god, the hypocrisy in here makes me more sick than those videos. Honestly, if you think it's okay to kill someone for mistreating an animal, you need to grow a whole lot of additional brain and sense. Of course it's not okay to mistreat animals, and it should be punished. But not in a way that's ethically worse than the original wrong.

Also, inhumane treatment of animals isn't something exclusively limited to the chinese. Animals still get abused in every culture in this world. Yes, even in YOUR one. So no need to get all arrogant and thinking YOU have any moral high ground over anyone else.
If you don't like animals to be mistreated, then go vegan, because any animal based product, ranging from honey to leather shoes cannot be produced without some form of animal abuse, with varying severity.
If you find those videos too sickening to bear, just visit your next slaughterhouse. I am sure you will find that experience also very disturbing: the brutal treatment they get from the truck to the area where they wait for death. Pigs witnessing and fully realising the killing of other pigs until it's their turn. The concussing shot on cows heads not knocking it out, so it's throat get's cut while it's concious. Et cetera.
Or the preparation of meals with live animals, like crabs, lobster, snails...

As a disclaimer: I am not vegan, or even vegetarian, I do buy and use animal products. I just realize that I don't live in fairy land where all the animals give me the goods I need in their own free will.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Oh my got, the hypocrisy in here makes me more sick than those videos. Honestly, if you think it's okay to kill someone for mistreating an animal, you need to grow a whole lot of additional brain and sense. Of course it's not okay to mistreat animals, and it should be punished. But not in a way that's ethically worse than the original wrong.

I believe most of the comments talking about revenge were posted just after they had watched the videos. When I had finished watching the videos I felt like going to the local Chinese and taking a meat cleaver to their neck. This is what we call a knee jerk reaction. I waited until I had calmed down to make my comment. Maybe you should take those comments with a pinch of salt.

Knee Jerk Reaction: 1. an immediate unthinking emotional reaction produced by an event or statement to which the reacting person is highly sensitive; - in persons with strong feelings on a topic, it may be very predictable.

Quote :Also, inhumane treatment of animals isn't something exclusively limited to the Chinese. Animals still get abused in every culture in this world. Yes, even in YOUR one. So no need to get all arrogant and thinking YOU have any moral high ground over anyone else.

Well I know for a fact that in the UK we have laws to protect animals from abuse and cruelty. Yes it may happen, but we have laws which means we are able to prosecute. China doesn't have any laws to protect animals. So yes I can take the moral high ground. Maybe this is why it happens (going back to education). If the laws aren't there in the first place it comes down to your perception of what is right or wrong.

Quote :If you don't like animals to be mistreated, then go vegan, because any animal based product, ranging from honey to leather shoes cannot be produced without some form of animal abuse, with varying severity.
If you find those videos too sickening to bear, just visit your next slaughterhouse. I am sure you will find that experience also very disturbing: the brutal treatment they get from the truck to the area where they wait for death. Pigs witnessing and fully realising the killing of other pigs until it's their turn. The concussing shot on cows heads not knocking it out, so it's throat gets cut while it's concious. Et cetera.
Or the preparation of meals with live animals, like crabs, lobster, snails...

Yes I agree, but that's just how it is. If the choice was, throat slit or skinned alive. I know which one I would choose.

How anyone can condone this brutal and barbaric method is beyond my belief. As said above, It would be far more practical to kill the animal then skin it.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :This is what we call a knee jerk reaction. I waited until I had calmed down to make my comment. Maybe you should take those comments with a pinch of salt.

But what if people were to act on their knee-jerk reaction and actually harm someone? Then should their actions be taken with a pinch of salt too?
Quote from wheel4hummer :But what if people were to act on their knee-jerk reaction and actually harm someone? Then should their actions be taken with a pinch of salt too?

There is a big difference between saying something and actually doing it.

Alot of crimes do happen because of 'knee jerk' reactions. Thankfully most people calm down and reassess the situation.
#62 - wien
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :When I had finished watching the videos I felt like going to the local Chinese and taking a meat cleaver to their neck.

WTF does your local Chinese have to do with these videos? I don't think matching skin colour is enough evidence to place blame.
Skin some animals to sell their fur or have your family and children starve to death or die of a treatable illness because of lack of money to pay medical bills??

Hmmm hard choice.. which I'm sure all of us if actually faced with would have a completely different opinion on the said activity.

Time to get down off our moral high horses living in our privileged castles safe from harm and free of any kind of want methinks.
Quote from wien :WTF does your local Chinese have to do with these videos? I don't think matching skin colour is enough evidence to place blame.

Did you read the full post and the post I wrote before?

I actually said, China is a beautiful country with beautiful people - so please don't try to make it out that i am anti-Chinese or something.

My comment was an example of what I was talking about. By Chinese I meant the Chinese takeaway. It was also meant to be abit humorous. Just a joke. Why do people take stuff so literally.

Quote :Skin some animals to sell their fur or have your family and children starve to death or die of a treatable illness because of lack of money to pay medical bills??

Hmmm hard choice.. which I'm sure all of us if actually faced with would have a completely different opinion on the said activity.

Time to get down off our moral high horses living in our privileged castles safe from harm and free of any kind of want methinks.

Thats not the argument. The argument is about the treatment the animals receive before and while they are being slaughtered. As alot of people have already said, killing for meat or fur is acceptable. The people in videos show total disregard for anything other than themselves. The world would be a very sad place if everyone was like this. Thankfully it isn't.

I think this discussion will just keep going round in circles.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :
I think this discussion will just keep going round in circles.

Welcome to the way of the LFS forum.

Every argument ends up like this tbh.
Well at least it will keep the thread bumped so people can read it. Hopefully the people who live in the 'privileged castles safe' may wake up and try do some good. Karma works in many ways.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Karma works in many ways.

Do you mean the over-simplified western "what goes around comes around" concept that doesn't accurately represent the Buddhist concept of Karma?
You dont need to be religious to recognise the concept of cause and effect.

Everything we do has the potential to affect others, but the exact effect depends upon how the other person reacts to our actions.
that is so f**ked up! that made me actually appreiciate my dogs even more. that is so f**king jacked up!
#70 - aoun
Well... shit.. lets go kill animals for killing other animals.

So then we kill people for killing animals, who killed another animal, which im sure kill that animal because it killed another animal.

Pointless conversation. Lets just kill anyone or anything that kills another. Lets kill bugs and insects, and animals and humans.

Can you see i am making no sence and being stupid.

Yes thats right, im on topic!
Point here is, killing things on an inhuman and painfull way is not the way to do it. Read the topic and just try to make a drama out of everything, sometimes you have to read between the lines
It's not simply about humans killing animals, to the people who think it is just about that, did you even watch the video? It is like others have repeatedly said, the way in which the animals were killed. There is a big difference in killing for survival and killing by bashing animals against the ground only causing them pain and then skinning them alive.
#73 - aoun
Not that i have experienced either, but from whatever, id rather have my throat slit and bleed to death then get eaten up and digested by an animal.

Yet it happens anyway. What would we know about death? What so its ok to kill them quickly but not slowly? LMAO thats bullshit.
its not just chinese
its old ladys too, one of my cats was found dead from poison, and the poison was in this old bitches yard, and all the neighbors have seen her put it out, and one of them found a kitten with a hole in its neck and they took it to the vet.
i am going to try my hardest to catch this lady in the act and get her thrown in jail.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG