The online racing simulator
What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Olympic Logo Cost: £400,000

just in case you didn't read that properly - FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS.
Quote from Intrepid :Olympic Logo Cost: £400,000

just in case you didn't read that properly - FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS.

Matt Groening really asked a lot for a permission to use Bart and Lisa in it.
Quote from PoVo :You assumed my logic and you assumed wrong.

English rocks.

No I didn't. Your logic is that because English is one of the worlds most used languages, that automatically it is the best.

English is probably the most shit language in the world, as it has two alphabets [only one of them official] and it's phonemes contradict themselves based on almost no pattern or rule.
Quote from BlueFlame : as it has two alphabets [only one of them official]

What? What is the other one?
Quote from Gougoodthing :What? What is the other one?

In every European oriented langauge, each letter is given a name by the sound it makes. Making Phonetic alphabets. In English there IS no official phonetic alphabet, the official alphabet is based on a 'name' for each letter not on the sound it makes but in English both phonetically and 'named' alphabets are used when speaking.

Example.

A in the English alphabet is called like Ay as you all know, but the phonetic application of the letter A is more like 'Ah' like in every other language in the world and in English (UK English) Ah is used 90% more than Ay. Though in American English it's more common.

Take the word As put a consonant in front of it [was] and the vowel sound completely changes, which is quite odd. As most languages of the world follow the rule that only a preceding vowel could change the sound of a following one.

Not to mention the letter E is called E, but the way us English say E is how everyone other Euro language says I......

Result. English is retarded. It has so many contradictions that it fails as a constant base of communication as it goes against logic.

At least with Chinese per example a certain symbol will never change no matter how it's applied and that's supposed to be a hard language to learn.
Glad that at least one englishman understands the stupidity of the language..

Once I have so many money bills, I will do the same.
Quote from BlueFlame :In every European oriented langauge, each letter is given a name by the sound it makes. Making Phonetic alphabets. In English there IS no official phonetic alphabet, the official alphabet is based on a 'name' for each letter not on the sound it makes but in English both phonetically and 'named' alphabets are used when speaking.

This. Teaching our son to read has been proving difficult as so many things try to teach the name of the letter ('Ay', 'Bee', 'Cee' etc which is utterly pointless to learn), although it's getting a lot better with modern teaching aids which tend to avoid them and use the phonemes instead.

Hooray for Alphablocks!
Indeed. It would be quite ignorant to suggest English is the best language in the world. That's why when anyone suggests it, I point out this crucial information as to why it isn't.

In terms of expressionism it's probably one of the best though.

My son too watches Alphablocks, I'm torn between what to teach him though, because people who refer to the letters in English as their phonetic reletivity are colloquially thought of to be unintelligent. Whilst it's an oxy-moron as people who understand the two different alphabets are intelligent enough to understand the concept, but the concept itself is retarded so it's almost a pointless thing to TRY to understand, if you don't already.

We're probably going to teach him that each letter has it's own 'name' but it makes it's own sound. So far he refers to most letters by their name but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, his speech is good for his age, but he doesn't quite know how to read yet. Although he is only 2.
English seems to be the language that has the most ways to say one thing. But its in some ways pretty unlogical. One example that is often brought up is that things are named pretty logical in german if they are from the same thematical area. But our grammar is a bit harder and everything is irregular.

like:
language = Sprache
pronunciation = Aussprache
to speak = sprechen
Quote from ACCAkut :English seems to be the language that has the most ways to say one thing. But its in some ways pretty unlogical.

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Quote from ACCAkut :like:
language = Sprache
pronunciation = Aussprache
to speak = sprechen

1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
10=10
11=11
12=12
13=13
14=14
15=15
16=16
17=17
18=18
19=19
20=20
21=12
22=22
23=32
24=42

:chair:
Attached images
morning.jpg

And english isn't so much a language as an exercise in piracy.
See a word we like, its now english.

cheerio pls
Quote from Krane :1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
10=10