The online racing simulator
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Oh ye like u would've ever seen.. haha.

was just about to post something like that...made me lol
Quote from geeman1 :With SoftTH you can use different resolution for the middle monitor and for the side monitors. Except the side monitors have to be the same resolution afaik.

Ah, that makes sense and fits in nicely.

Danas - why come back? Number of reasons.

I stopped playing before for due to meeting my girlfriend and buying a proper car (a rather spanking Pug 306 Rallye) and since then I've had a few quick cars, I've done a fair number of trackdays, developed a mild addiction tothe Nurburgring and spent a couple of years working in Formula 1. That's all over now and I spend my time on the train heading into London. My station car is a 1.1l Metro.

It's not all bad though. In return for working in London and not driving a great deal I have some spare cash and after spending it all redecorating my house (forced by girlfriend) I now have my own "stag room" which I can do with as I wish.

So far I've bought a large sofa, a fridge, a massive desk, a TV wallmount and now need to buy screens and a PC to make it my own place of escape. I was going to buy an Xbox and Forza3 being that Gran Tourismo 5 is delayed until about 2015 however I remembered LFS and had a quick google. Played the demo on my laptop (amazed it runs on an ultra portable) and it all game back. The hours spent trying to get under 1:36 with the front drive car on the demo, the joy of wasting hours on the damn game and nearly failing uni.

Hence posting on here (sorry for the life story and massive post, you did ask though )
I'm looking to upgrade my existing PC and will probably get the following:

Prices from Komplett.nl
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620 €89
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO,sAM3 €73,51
Memory: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 4GB CL9 €79
Powersupply: Corsair Powersupply HX 750W €125
Graphic card: MSI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 €122.5

I still have an extra 250GB hardisk that doesn't work with my current setup so I'll have some extra memory too.

I should be able to get this system running everything like a charm for the next couple of years. My current system has been running for 6 years I think (NForce2 mobo, 3GHz Athlon CPU and ATI 9800Pro graphics) and it still runs LFS S2, so the newer specs should be a lot better.

I already have the G25 which is great.
danger dave? i dont supose i know you from somewhere do i?

or just simliar name
Quote from Calyps0 :danger dave? i dont supose i know you from somewhere do i?

or just simliar name

Almost certainly a similar name, which I don't use now. I had it in university as I was a sweet inocent young 18 year old when I got there and all the gys I was with were big rugby-esqu types. I pulled first though which lead to the name sticking till I graduated. I've used it to sign onto a French hatchback website though.
Quote from AeoIus :I'm looking to upgrade my existing PC and will probably get the following:

Prices from Komplett.nl
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620 €89
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO,sAM3 €73,51
Memory: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 4GB CL9 €79
Powersupply: Corsair Powersupply HX 750W €125
Graphic card: MSI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 €122.5

I still have an extra 250GB hardisk that doesn't work with my current setup so I'll have some extra memory too.

I should be able to get this system running everything like a charm for the next couple of years. My current system has been running for 6 years I think (NForce2 mobo, 3GHz Athlon CPU and ATI 9800Pro graphics) and it still runs LFS S2, so the newer specs should be a lot better.

I already have the G25 which is great.

Cheers, I'll look intothat, waiting now for the G25 to show up (can use it with the PS3 I guess) and then will get a PC bought
#32 - vtx
Dangerous Dave!

I just decided to get back into LFS action myself, was doing some reading up and guess what: I found this thread of you, about BR which we had a great time with back then. After BR I moved to T7R, but left some time ago as I didn't race anymore.

Im planning on hooking up everything this weekend, hopefully I'll see you somewhere online
T7R is still here. a good bunch of lads too. you should give them a shout (you probs already have).
#34 - 5tag
Quote from Dangerous Dave :[...] I now have my own "stag room" [...]

Hmm... what would that mean?^^ I really have no idea, please let me know.
Mr VTX, how lovely to see you I'm in the middle of ordering it all up, I'll be there in a couple of week though, probably travelling next week

5tag - The Stag room is a name we've kind of made up. While I live in a lovely (if small) house it's totally dominated by my girlfriends stuff. The Stag room is a large room which I've got all to myself. My books, my motorsport tat, my big arse desk with my wide collection of games consoles. No girls aloud

Dalek0220 - I worked for one of the teams based out of the UK as a factory IT bod, I basically ran around fixing PCs for a couple of years. Left for a bunch of reasons, chiefly the 100% increase in pay for working in London. I do miss it a little though. I got to go to a few awesome parties as well as working with some superb engineers and great people. Having loads of F1 cars and all the gear knocking about was awesome to. I won't put up the name of the team as it's nice to keep a little anonymity on the net, though if you very keen to know I'll answer anything you like by PM
Quote from dadge :T7R is still here. a good bunch of lads too. you should give them a shout (you probs already have).

Haven't yet. I did briefly speek to Fordman on MSN though. Need to get the PC built first though!
Hello Dave!!
and P1lot, VTX, Jug, Vykos, Bob!

Been ages since I last raced but now I started slowly (very slowly ) getting back (I hope).
Fun that people stick around!!

Dave: sry for hijacking your thread
Quote from AeoIus :My current system has been running for 6 years I think (NForce2 mobo, 3GHz Athlon CPU and ATI 9800Pro graphics) and it still runs LFS S2, so the newer specs should be a lot better.

thx for reminder got to add those upgrades to my spending list including Fairlady and ownbuilt buggy

@DDave: after your Nurburgring addiction maybe you need iRacing experience? monthly fee, not per lap
Quote from Dirk Gently :Been ages since I last raced

True for many of us oldies I think. I'm hoping I'll find the time to start racing again with the next patch. I'm getting too out of touch with what LFS is actually about after a few years of only boing on this forum.

Quote from Dirk Gently :Fun that people stick around!!

Even better that people who once stopped return to the scene. I think the time off makes you appreciate LFS more. Having never left, I can't go on this voyage of rediscovery, and it's harder to get hooked again. Not to mention the constant dribble of changes makes them seem less that they are, as the newness always wears off.
lol, there's one typo in that post that should not be fixed. lol.
Quote from Dangerous Dave :I think I stopped at the start of 2004 while being involved with the Boomerang Rapido team (which I think has changed name, disappeared etc long ago) anyone from back in the day still here?

Several of ex-BR and other back then present teams are still around; T7R & SCCC for example.
Some of us refound eachother in nfinity as well or the various other teams around like F1RST, SR, ... No despair, we are still here!

Good to see you back, ooh, where are those good old S1 BL1 XF GTi days!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG