The online racing simulator
Incar Radio
(6 posts, started )
Incar Radio
I don't think that this has been mentioned before, I have searched but I couldn't find it.

I like how LFS has an inbuilt music player so you can listen to music whilst driving. I think it would be a nice idea if the road cars which had radios displayed the name of the song that is currently being played and maybe a little equalizer as well.

I believe this would help add to the realism of this excellent simulator (which has stolen so many hours of my life).
you dont have radios in real life races, so it wouldnt make this game more realistic
but these are stock road cars....their skins clearly indicate that they have radios....

how do i upload my own songs to the game for 'mp3 music playing'

i have had to mute everythin so i could listen to my music...so many missed shifts

EDIT: very good idea...just for the road cars...maybe not the equilizer, but you should be able to look down and have song name...maybe work with itunes radio...maybe have a little radio icon as a HUD option
#5 - WSR
IIRC, the ingame radio plays .ogg files.

If this is what you are asking, I wrote a tutorial on how to use it (and to convert songs to .ogg file extension for LFS).

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=58205

I think something like the song name information display could read information from the .ogg file itself. (Making sure you add it to the file so it actually contains data, as in the conversion process, no song data is carried over (because it is a new file format)).
thank you

Incar Radio
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG