The online racing simulator
BTCC starting this weekend!
(55 posts, started )
But if it's non-contact (as I believe all MSA competitions are), and you're not allowed to gain an advantage, how come Plato was allowed (and, I believe, always does it too) to push someone wide and pass him...

Yes, I like F1. It doesn't need much passing for me to find it edge-of-the-seat exciting. But I don't find pushing and barging exciting either. I was hoping for some real wheel-to-wheel racing, constant changes of position etc, but it wasn't like that. I can understand that people find it exciting, but I can't find it exciting myself... Even with grid reversals it was a bit dull, but I gather Matt Neals drive through the pack in race 1, which I missed, was quite thrilling, so maybe I just happened to watch the duller two races? As I said I'm likely to watch other rounds and even go to Snetty if there's an LFS presence, but Brands didn't 'do it for me'
Quite frankly any racing series which decides its grid by pulling numbers out a hat on live TV doesn't deserve to survive.
I can only dream of LFS having the collition detection like the BTCC today. It was plane and simple, legal tristan. He nudged him enough to unnerve him, but not enough to leave some paint work.

Matt was fine, which was good to hear, he radio'd back to team early on. Not sure whether the red flag was needed though, they could of done 3-4 laps under safety car while they got matt out of the car, then it would of been a race to the finish, but I guess that they are just looking at driver safety so fair play to them.

Tris, I also remember Matt in the Nissan Primera, and the lovely girls he had on his arms also

Remember this was the 1st event of the year, everybody out to prove a point. Thinking back, I remember the first ESL UK race, not alot of difference

ajp71 I have to agree with you on that comment. I mean, if I was 11th, and 10th was in sight, I would push as hard as poss to get there. Its all about knowing where you are and what advantage you gain. Bad move on this part
#54 - mr_x
they brought in the system cos there was often people like Plato racing for 10th place, slowing down to get 10th, other people caught on and wouldnt pass him, eventually it was getting a little dangerous, so the race winner pulling the number out for the amount of positions (between 6 and 10) to be reversed is a good thing IMO, means we get more pure speed and racing!
IMO a racing series which has to use reverse grids must be doing something fundamentally wrong.
-
(Ric_34) DELETED by Ric_34

BTCC starting this weekend!
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG