The online racing simulator
BTCC starting this weekend!
(55 posts, started )
#1 - mr_x
dont know if anyone else is interested, but the British Touring Car Championship is starting this weekend, and it looks like its gonna be the best season since... well.. 2005 decent sized grid expected for the first races of the season, quality drivers, and of course, because its the BTCC, the best, closest and most exciting races in the world (in my opinion of course )

yes Yvan Muller may have gone, but we have gained Fabrizio Giovanardi who is probably the best touring car driver in the world! also british drivers are once again out in force, Matt Neal (last years champ), Jason Plato, James Thompson, Tom Chilton... its shaping up to be a classic! also got a Bio-Ethonol powered car driven by a female racer, Fiona Leggate, showed alot of promise last year, will be interesting to see how far up the field she gets this year! 2 works teams (Vauxhall and SEAT) doesnt sound like alot, but it doesnt matter, Independant teams (team Dynamics/Halfords, WSR etc) have been coming on strong in the last few years, plenty of variety of cars from Honda Integra's to a BMW, Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch, Honda Civic, Alfa Romeo, SEAT Leon...

if you havent watched it... i suggest strongly to have a watch!

oh yeah... incase i didnt mention already... i cant wait!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
should be another good season, lets all hope for some exciting and rainy races
Normally go to the races at Snettie, so should be good.

Reminds me, I must check on the teams competing this year............

Dan,
#4 - mr_x
Quote from danowat :Normally go to the races at Snettie, so should be good.

Reminds me, I must check on the teams competing this year............

Dan,

www.btcc.net new website... all info is there
#5 - Zero7
good job guys.... the MG looks very sexy!!!! damn!!!!!
I know ( fordie rubbing hands together ) cannot wait. I love the BTCC ( miss the night races though, they was awesome )

Maybe us Tractor boys should have LFS day out at Snettie, Tristan should be home by then LOL
#8 - Jakg
BTTC is ok, but i find theres too much contact, they just seem to go banger racing, pushing each other off the track to make a pass, i swear it should be [iDi] Jason Plato!

Went to see the ETTC @ Silverstone, which had (slightly) less contact, then there was the FIA GT as a support race! Sorry, but DBR9 hammering around shooting past MC12's floats my boat more than some 2nd rate drivers playing bumper cars in fwd micras!
Quote from Fordman :Maybe us Tractor boys should have LFS day out at Snettie, Tristan should be home by then LOL

Sounds like a pretty good plan, last year I managed to blag pit lane passes , we did some short notice CNC machining work for a local race outfit, maybe I can blag xome again this time.

Dan,
#10 - mr_x
Snetterton is too far away!! Croft is more my cuppa-coffee (don't like tea), maybe doing Knockhill and possibly Donnington now i can drive, just a case of parents letting me take the car :P
#11 - mr_x
Quote from Zero7 :And if you fancy some skins....

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/purduespad/LFSSkins.html

Some that I've been putting together. If you're into BTCC then feel free to be Matt Neal if you want.

nice skins there

I did a team Halfords FZR skin, once the 2006 season kicks off im gonna do some 2006 skins aswell
Attached images
halford.JPG
Think I'll be heading down to Thruxton again this year to catch this. Just hope it isn't as hot as last year, got some major sunburn
TV !!! sat channel?
Saw it at Thruxton in '99, must go again sometime, is nearest BTCC race to me
Quote from bo-kristiansen :TV !!! sat channel?

MotorsTV had 2005 coverage, I assume they have the 2006 season too.....

Edit, yep, they have live coverage Sunday morning

Dan,
Quote from danowat :MotorsTV had 2005 coverage, I assume they have the 2006 season too.....

Edit, yep, they have live coverage Sunday morning

Dan,

Yep they are covering everything from the BTCC events, including all the support races
Quote from Fordman :Yep they are covering everything from the BTCC events, including all the support races

What time you coming round again.... LOL

Dan,
Quote from danowat :What time you coming round again.... LOL

Dan,

12pm ROFL. Thats OK, I will be happy with the Frex, you go watch BTCC, oh but wait, I love the BTCC, oh my, choices choices:

BTCC
LFS With Frex
GTL with Frex
NkPro with Frex

What is a man to do
Hehehehe, its not a problem, my LFS PC is in the bedroom, and we have Sky in there too

Hmmmm......think the missus might want to go out for the day LOL

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Hehehehe, its not a problem, my LFS PC is in the bedroom, and we have Sky in there too

Hmmmm......think the missus might want to go out for the day LOL

Dan,

Oh no, she agreed, dinner on the table ready for 12pm :ices_rofl
#21 - mr_x
i don't have sky this year, and i dont know anyone else who has sky and likes BTCC... so i have to stick with the crappy ITV coverage, they got alot of complaints about it last year, so lets hope that its better this year!!
Yes that is fun but here in Sweden is not BTCC on TV more
So i follow STCC and WTCC and that race i realy like

The new seat team this year is realy hot
It's just not the same now that the works teams are here and the likes of Andy Rouse tunned Sierra's aren't filling the grid. It's a great series though, except when the grids shrunk.

When you say Motors is that a satellite channel or itv's Men & Motors? I only have freeview :/
Quote from Becky Rose :It's just not the same now that the works teams are here and the likes of Andy Rouse tunned Sierra's aren't filling the grid. It's a great series though, except when the grids shrunk.

When you say Motors is that a satellite channel or itv's Men & Motors? I only have freeview :/

Sky Channel 413

I still think this series is worth going to see, it really is a great day/weekend out.
#25 - mr_x
Quote from Becky Rose :It's just not the same now that the works teams are here and the likes of Andy Rouse tunned Sierra's aren't filling the grid. It's a great series though, except when the grids shrunk.

Motors TV is on Sky, it's not the same as Men and Motors, i used to get the two confused! i got freeview thinking "great motors TV" just to find it wasnt!

looks like you are stuck with ITV1 like myself Becky. lets just hope their coverage is MASSIVELY improved over last year!

(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG