The online racing simulator
Why would someone do this??
(46 posts, started )
Quote from gezmoor : The medias obsession with "celebrities" over true news reporting sickens me to be honest.

Start a paper and see how many you sell with normal news! These stories help news papers to sell copies to fund more serious stories. That's just the way it is.
#27 - wien
Quote from Intrepid :These stories help news papers to sell copies to fund more serious stories. That's just the way it is.

If there actually were any real in-depth stories in mainstream media, I'd almost buy that. It's all tabloid.
Quote from wien :If there actually were any real in-depth stories in mainstream media, I'd almost buy that. It's all tabloid.

Would you really? There's so many people that complain about this and that. "I would buy a better newspaper if it was available". Thing is they exist or have existed. Only problem.. no one kept their promise and bought em.

The truth is "Leona Punched In Face!" will always sell more copies than MOST other headlines on a day to day basis.
#29 - wien
"I'd buy it" as in "I'd buy your story".

No, I would not buy a newspaper in this day and age. I'm not willing to pay for 95% crap in case there might by some good stuff in there. I'm not going to subsidise the intellectual decay of society by giving money to those capitalist ****s. I've had it. They can run themselves into the ground by focusing solely on profit and I'll point and laugh while they do it.

I can keep more informed with better quality sources (for free) by browsing a handful of online sources armed with a pinch of critical thinking. The recent turmoil in Iran was a great example of just how useless the media is these days. I knew about it for almost two days thanks to freakin' Twitter before the mainstream media slowly started to cover the damn thing. They're completely useless.
Quote from wien : I can keep more informed with better quality sources (for free) by browsing a handful of online sources armed with a pinch of critical thinking.

Newsflash - your part of the capitalist system shock horror.

A view, your view, is something that can be sold. Your very participation in sites that offer any sort of advertisement is a participation in capitalism. Congratulations and welcome

And calling it 'intellectual decay'? Well most people have to spend days living their miserable lives give them a break. A bit of escapism is needed.
#31 - wien
Quote from Intrepid :A view, your view, is something that can be sold. Your very participation in sites that offer any sort of advertisement is a participation in capitalism. Congratulations and welcome

Indeed, but the content I consume is by and large produced by people NOT doing it for the money. There's not enough of it in it for that, hence you see people like Murdoc planning to charge for internet "news".

If I can help it I stay away from stuff exclusively produced by people motivated by money instead of doing a good job. Not always doable obviously, but I do what I can. I buy LFS and not hiPricing, I buy music from Jonathan Coulton instead of whatever the mainstream hits are at the moment, I buy games from 2Dboy and Telltale instead of EA, and I don't pay for the sorry excuse for "news" that the mainstream media are pushing.
Quote from Intrepid :Well most people have to spend days living their miserable lives

They do indeed, and they're miserable because society has become completely and utterly focused on the notion that collection of money and things are the way to success and happiness. It's not. Doing good work and feeling useful is, and that should be the primary motivation behind most endeavours. Not money.
Quote from 5haz :You just don't go around punching women (or anyone for that matter!) in the face, no matter how awful their music is.

I know you're just trying to act cool and different on the internet, but agreeing with women beating isn't a very good look to have.

Yes mr 5'0 peace maker, after years of passive-ness and letting things be dont you get tired of shitty stuff like Borona Jewish and the rest of them ??

id cue for the 5 hours, shit 7 if i got to kick her 10 if i got to do both

Some people deserve to live - Simple as.
#33 - 5haz
Quote from theirishnoob :id cue for the 5 hours, shit 7 if i got to kick her 10 if i got to do both

Some people deserve to live - Simple as.

Go on then I dare you, go punch some annoying celebrity, its easy to act tough on the internet, but real lifes a different matter.

And yeah I get tired of celebrities, but punching them in the face (or rather just pretending I would but not having the guts), is not very high on my to do list.

If you must go looking for someone to punch though, go after the bast'ds who make money out of elevating brainless celebrities onto the massive pillars so that all the idiots can worship them.
Quote from 5haz :Go on then I dare you, go punch some annoying celebrity, its easy to act tough on the internet, but real lifes a different matter.

find me perez hilton.
I would hit it.

She is rubbish though
5 hours is too long to waste though
Ahh, wouldn't it be great if she had hit him back and knocked him flat

That would've been a better story

Still, he is an utter twat for hitting her in the first place..
Quote from Intrepid :Start a paper and see how many you sell with normal news! These stories help news papers to sell copies to fund more serious stories. That's just the way it is.

Actually I was refering to TV news slots. Which don't have such issues and so have no excuse to be pandering to the voyeuristic tendencies of the plebs.
Quote from danthebangerboy :A relation of paris hilton i take it? :huepfenic

not that i know of, but he is a douche and has been beaten up by other celebrities before.
Maybe he doesn't like the fact that she keeps bleeding in love?
#41 - aoun
Whats the big deal? The only big deal i see here is a guy hitting a girl, and to me if i saw that id personally make sure the guy didnt get back up! Down right disrespectful.

Other then that its a hit to the face. We have cold blodded murderers in our world, more worse dramas, yet this is a big deal?
#42 - th84
I must say... I just heard one of her songs and can honestly see why that guy clocked her. That music was awful!

Can someone send that guy a message and let him know where Lady Gaga will be giving autographs?
Quote from th84 :I must say... I just heard one of her songs and can honestly see why that guy clocked her. That music was awful!

Can someone send that guy a message and let him know where Lady Gaga will be giving autographs?

#44 - aoun
Quote from th84 :i must say... I just heard one of her songs and can honestly see why that guy clocked her. That music was awful!

Can someone send that guy a message and let him know where lady gaga will be giving autographs?

Quote from th84 :I must say... I just heard one of her songs and can honestly see why that guy clocked her. That music was awful!

Why would someone do this??
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG