The online racing simulator
Drift Setups Explenation?
(6 posts, started )
#1 - OpE
a lot of people tell me the best setup for you is the setup you build yourself
the problem for me is.. i dont know what a drift car in LFS needs..
can someone explain me what modifications a drift car needs to be better?
i will just.. adjust it so it will be comfortable for me
hope someone can help
Drift setup explain
you can look on youtube tutorial for setup (type "lfs drift setup") or:

1. try stiffer suspension so that susp. wont absorbe chassis twisting too much and to control weight transfer.
2.lower your car so it will have lower center of gravity
3.put closer gear ratios to keep high revs and momentum.
4.setup your brakes: usually around F/B 70:30 and watch out for brake strength
5.put parallel steering to 0% (it has same effect like increasing max steering lock)
6.adjust rollbars(stiffer front or softer rear > more understeer/softer front or stiffer rear > more oversteer)
7. adjust wheel camber and tyre pressure (front around 3.10 degree/rear around 1 to 2.50 or more degree)

if i missed something sorry

Look at this topic.
interesting
#5 - fink5
hah, nice
To kind of explain this in simplest terms, there is no perfect setup. It depends subjectively on the driver, and his style of driving. Now, you may hear this possibly 20 times on various youtube videos. It is true, such that I have discovered after a short period of time. I'd used to like fast drifting with the XRG in BL1. I would therefore, drive using an understeering setup, and low angles. I'd get around 100 km/h throughout the corner and 95 on exit.

However, I cannot do that anymore. Through skill fluxes, I've given up race drifting (DO NOT LAUGH AT ME), and I do a very show life drift through connectiing drifts. Regardless, I need practise. I haven't been on LFS much these days, with the humble amount of homework I have. I can't wait for the new physic updates though!

There is however, reasonable and stupid setups, such that you would probably NOT put an open (no diff.) or a viscous based diff. in the car. You would use a justifiable clutch based setting or locked.

EDIT: I'm probably looking into different tyre compounds on the front and back respecively for different performance and endurance.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG