The online racing simulator
Cruising tracks.
(16 posts, started )
Cruising tracks.
I have a sugestion. How about making some tracks into cruising tracks where no parts of the track are shut off but the whole track is open. so you acually have a choice to go straight on or turn left.
been suggested millions of times and been answerd millions of times .
cant be done due to somin with the gfx engine .. i dno someone with more info will help you out .
Quote from -=SB=- :I have a sugestion. How about making some tracks into cruising tracks where no parts of the track are shut off but the whole track is open. so you acually have a choice to go straight on or turn left.

No thanks
Quote from -=SB=- :Why post??

Why post??

OnTopic: I don't think it could be all that bad, but as said, it's not possible.
Quote from Sp33d Up :Why post??

OnTopic: I don't think it could be all that bad, but as said, it's not possible.

does anyone have a full explanation why it isn't possible? A understandable one.
Quote from -=SB=- :does anyone have a full explanation why it isn't possible? A understandable one.

Its like penis + penis, its shouldn't be. Doesn't work.
Quote from aroX123 :Its like a penis + penis, its shouldn't be. Doesn't work.

nice explaination but does anyone know the full term of why.
Quote from -=SB=- :nice explaination but does anyone know the full term of why.

We are not suppossed to cruise in a racing game.
Thats why it wont be, cruise migth be fun, but racing was the idea of the game.
Technically possible? Yes. With the current GFX engine? Not quite.

Currently the engine relies on having one path through the track that it uses for visibility calculations, determining which parts of the track need to be drawn and which not. Of course, you could simply draw the whole track at all times, but the performance would be abysmal, or Scawen could work out a system that allows such free-roaming by making the visibility calculations work differently, but that would be a huge time investment for something that's just a by-product of the simulation to begin with.

PS: aroX, feel free to shut the hell up from time to time. Not even bad threads deserve your mindless spam.
...Even I have suggested this one.

Pity it isn't possible, because it would also benefit racing: You could make many many more combinations. For example: Fern Bay Green which is part of rallycross etc.

But impossible is impossible (Except for Chuck Norris).
I have always liked the idea of the tracks being fully open, allowing people to create their own track routes.

BUT...

..with because of cruising I would not like this to be done, simply because it would take LFS in a direction I do not think it should go. People would be buying a cruise game and not a racing sim which makes a massive difference.
... so that LFS would cover wider range of customers

Current culling system should be replaced someday. There could be used Viev frustrum culling or more advanced DVB T culling. But i´m not culling expert.
LFS isn't supposed to cover a wide range of customers.

It's a racing simulator. Simulators by their very nature will not be accessible to all.

Cruising tracks.
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG