The online racing simulator
Live for speed don't unlock cars and tracks
Good Morning boys! I have a problem with the last release of Live for speed, the alpha z.

I bought a regular license s2 and when I select a car that is not that the demo version gives me an error saying: "Unable to load the car selected"

This problem occurs only in my notebook, while in my desktop pc i not have problem playing with all cars.

Sorry for my bad english, i am a disperate italian who wants to play with live for speed.

i hope in your help...
how come the forum still says you're a demo user then?
because the problem has my friend ... I was wrong not to include this in their first post
Quote from Marco8188 :I have a problem with the last release of Live for speed, the alpha z.

I bought a regular license s2 and when I select a car that is not that the demo version gives me an error saying: "Unable to load the car selected"

This problem occurs only in my notebook, while in my desktop pc i not have problem playing with all cars.

Sorry for my bad english, i am a disperate italian who wants to play with live for speed.

i hope in your help...

I wrote the post as if the problem was my ...

My friend not have a adsl connection and then he asked me if I could do something for him

ok, I realized that I did not want to help, thank you anyway
Quote from Marco8188 :My friend not have a adsl connection

If your friend doesn't have an ADSL connection, he can't unlock his LFS, because he has to register at LFS.net.
I do no know, he told me so

Anyway I just wanted to know if this problem can be caused by incompatible hardware, only this
It's unlikely. Can you (I mean your friend) join demo servers?
I think I have already said that has not adsl connection
You could use a mobile phone as a WAP-connection? Or take the PC to a friends. Or take the PC to a wifi hotspot...

But LFS needs an internet connection to unlock. Simple as.
To unlock it your friend must bring his laptop to you or find another place with an internet connection. Once his laptop is connected to the internet, he can unlock LFS.

Unlocking LFS on your PC (with his credentials, that according to the EULA he must not share with you), and then sending the unlocked LFS installation to him will NOT work, since LFS detects that the hardware it was unlocked on has changed.
So if my friend gave me his data for the release of LFS in my pc can not use it because it simply does not recognize my hardware?
No.

You could unlock it on your computer - but that would be illegal unless you are using it for a LAN session. You wouldn't be able to copy the unlocked LFS to his computer, because it would lock when you copied it across.

He has to unlock it on HIS PC.
But if, for example unblocks me with my username and after a month change hardware, lfs fails?
If he unlocks your computer (illegal, except for LAN use, provided it's relocked afterwards) then yes it would lock if the hardware changes significantly.
Quote from Marco8188 :But if, for example unblocks me with my username and after a month change hardware, lfs fails?

Yes, possibly, but as a licensed user you get +1 unlock every Friday up to two spare unlocks total, so you never have the risk of permanently being locked out of LFS. If you install a new CPU or something and LFS locks itself, you can just unlock again, using one of your spare unlocks.

Your friend, however, will have to unlock LFS on his laptop, which also means he has to somehow acquire a temporary internet connection to do that. Unlocking LFS anywhere else but his laptop won't work.
ok, I think I understand ..

thank you very much
, and i suppose HE get LFS by buying the cd of the game() or you gave him from your pc.... And he have only Z0,5 because patches you/he can only get them with download (need adsl).But ok i agree.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG