The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2010 Carlendar discussion
Well I know, it is really something offtopic but deep inside it has got a sense. First of all LFSCART shall get you as close to the real thing as far as LFS allows, so what do you like/dislike about LFSCART's 2009 season and what improvements could be done to stay enjoyable but get close to the real thing.

Now a short task for you. From your point of view, what comes closest to next year's real life tracks. Just a discussion about that.

March 14 TBA TBA Brazil
March 28 Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg Streets of St. Petersburg St. Petersburg, FL
April 11 Grand Prix of Alabama Barber Motorsports Park Birmingham, AL
April 18 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Streets of Long Beach Long Beach, CA
May 1 RoadRunner Turbo Indy 300 Kansas Speedway Kansas City, KS
May 30 94th Indianapolis 500 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Speedway, IN
June 5 Bombardier Learjet 550 Texas Motor Speedway Fort Worth, TX
June 20 Iowa Corn Indy 250 Iowa Speedway Newton, IA
July 4 Camping World Watkins Glen Grand Prix Watkins Glen International Watkins Glen, NY
July 18 Honda Indy Toronto Streets of Toronto Toronto, ON
July 25 Rexall Edmonton Indy Edmonton City Centre Airport Edmonton, AB
August 8 Honda 200 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Lexington, OH
August 22 Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma County Infineon Raceway Sonoma, CA
August 28 Peak Antifreeze Indy 300 Chicagoland Speedway Joliet, IL
September 4 Meijer Indy 300 Kentucky Speedway Sparta, KY
September 19 Indy Japan 300 Twin Ring Motegi Motegi, Japan
October 2 GAINSCO Auto Insurance Indy 300 Homestead-Miami Speedway Homestead, FL

None of them looks like an lfs track really, maybe the 2nd track could be a BIT look like as Ky3, but i dont know,
I know it's hard... but still, if anyone gets an idea, you can just post it...
Quote from TFalke55 :Well I know, it is really something offtopic but deep inside it has got a sense. First of all LFSCART shall get you as close to the real thing as far as LFS allows, so what do you like/dislike about LFSCART's 2009 season and what improvements could be done to stay enjoyable but get close to the real thing.

My suggestion is to dispose of the sprint races. Or do they exist in RL Indycar? I don't know but I think LFSCART should be more like the CART series which had no sprint races AFAIK. As a compensation you could increase the overall race distance
Quote from Test Driver :My suggestion is to dispose of the sprint races. Or do they exist in RL Indycar? I don't know but I think LFSCART should be more like the CART series which had no sprint races AFAIK. As a compensation you could increase the overall race distance

What I like about sprint races is that, if you get punted off, there's always the feature
-
(lizardfolk) DELETED by J@tko : Double Post
Quote from Test Driver :My suggestion is to dispose of the sprint races. Or do they exist in RL Indycar? I don't know but I think LFSCART should be more like the CART series which had no sprint races AFAIK. As a compensation you could increase the overall race distance

IRL doesnt have sprint races.

If you want to make things more interesting I probably would suggest you have LFSCART be a tweak that comes to as close to the IRL cars as possible. Perhaps bug Bob about it or something

But if you do not want to go that route (for fear of compatibility or interest) then there's not much I would suggest you can improve on it. But...

1. I personally dont like the Sprint race idea.
2. Add one more oval to the schedule, and I dont mean Kyoto. I mean add a short track oval racing. IRL/CART has (had) some intense short oval racing and that's missing in LFSCART. For the oval portion, just keep it as:

SpeedWeeks, Kyoto 500, Clockwise 300, Martinsville. No more but imho no less. The Circuits is really up in the air as long as they are long enough. I would suggest atleast FE3, SO5, SO6
Quote from lizardfolk :IRL doesnt have sprint races.

If you want to make things more interesting I probably would suggest you have LFSCART be a tweak that comes to as close to the IRL cars as possible. Perhaps bug Bob about it or something

But if you do not want to go that route (for fear of compatibility or interest) then there's not much I would suggest you can improve on it. But...

1. I personally dont like the Sprint race idea.
2. Add one more oval to the schedule, and I dont mean Kyoto. I mean add a short track oval racing. IRL/CART has (had) some intense short oval racing and that's missing in LFSCART. For the oval portion, just keep it as:

SpeedWeeks, Kyoto 500, Clockwise 300, Martinsville. No more but imho no less. The Circuits is really up in the air as long as they are long enough. I would suggest atleast FE3, SO5, SO6

This really makes sence to me, that's why I'll put bold letters on that :

+1
season finale next season at Rockingham... anyone?
Quote from TFalke55 :season finale next season at Rockingham... anyone?

Absolutely. With the kyoto and rockingham you can have two standard config races while having 2 rev oval races (and adding in the 500 if you want).

But 4/6 or 5/5 oval to circuit ratio is very good

I would personally prefer a 5/5 however.

Kyoto Speedweeks 400
Rockingham Reverse 300
Kyoto 500
Clockwise 300
Rockingham Finale

Rest circuits
LFSCART 2009 Post Season Discussion & LFSCART 2010 improvement suggestions
Thank's for a great season of LFSCART racing It was a plesure for me to be your admin throughout (nine tenth of) the season. What do you think about it? What did you like most, what least? Where do you think can we improve it, where should we stay with the roots of 2009?
First of all, great season, it was always fun to race, I enjoyed the whole season and even managed to come back home with a noice trophy so I'm happy

Just a few suggestions :
  • Only 1 race per event?
  • 70/80kg of ballast to make it closer to the IndyCar, which AFAIK are much heavier than 600kg.
  • More oval courses(Rockingham anyone?:tilt
How bout we gave the 70/80 kg to Rudy only? That'd even things up...

I liked the sprint race always. Maybe a reversed grid too would be fun?
i couldn't take part in any race sadly This season, if it comes, i try to take part all season and yes, Rudy and Ondrej was extremly fast throught the season , we have no chanche to their
-More races, If you miss a few races youre out of the whole title but with more you can skip a
few races. Maybe 10-12 race weekends(but with 2 races each weekend)

-Stream each race?

-One layout race, that oval one 2 long straighs, its in one of the fbm layouts.

-Miss 2 races in a row and you are out unless you have a good excuse ( not like, i forgot it)

-Use R2 And R3 in the main race(even oval), but sprint you can choose

-(no one migth like this) A rallyX event to simulate rain? And people with good carcontroll can really show up in this race

-Qualifying should be as Q1,Q2,Q3 (Q4 if many racers)

I guess nothing will be as i suggest but it is a suggest thread i so suggest stuff
Quote from aroX123 :-More races, If you miss a few races youre out of the whole title but with more you can skip a
few races. Maybe 10-12 race weekends(but with 2 races each weekend)

Or rather, could we have the possibility to drop the 1 or 2 worst results?

Quote :-Stream each race?

Hmm... Well I guess that getting a big enough grid should be the priority. Honestly I fail to see how an average could be interrested by a 10 cars race, especially if there's some big gaps(4-5 seconds) between the fastest and a slowest. Just look at how the Jamaica 200 went.

Slightly off topic, but why were so much races broadcasted on multiBC? I know that I shouldn't have too much things to say about that because you're not paying with my own money, as I'm not paying the fees(:razz, but is having a better image quality a good enough argument to pay that much? Plus, livestream has a nice and friendly chat, which is usually good against boredom coming during of intensive van Buren pwnage

Quote :-One layout race, that oval one 2 long straighs, its in one of the fbm layouts.

Hmmkay... Yeah, I guess(Although I don't really get what you mean there tbh
Quote :-Miss 2 races in a row and you are out unless you have a good excuse ( not like, i forgot it)

Sounds good, but then you'll have to get rid of half of the grid before half-way point.

Quote :-(no one migth like this) A rallyX event to simulate rain? And people with good carcontroll can really show up in this race

Trust me, this would fail epicly. Plus, races are cancelled in case of heavy rain AFAIK, so I don't really see a point at that.

Quote :-Qualifying should be as Q1,Q2,Q3 (Q4 if many racers)

Why not.

Quote :I guess nothing will be as i suggest but it is a suggest thread i so suggest stuff

Well it's always better to propose stupid/half-decent stuff in this kind of thread than not posting at all IMO... Debating is always fun
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
70/80kg of ballast to make it closer to the IndyCar, which AFAIK are much heavier than 600kg.

Oval: ca. 693kg
Road/Street: ca. 725kg

both without fuel or driver

Quote from aroX123 :-Qualifying should be as Q1,Q2,Q3 (Q4 if many racers)

Ehm? what you mean exactly... The Indy Car Style Q1-Q4, the DTM Style Q1-Q4, the F1 style Q1-Q3...?

Quote from aroX123 :-Use R2 And R3 in the main race(even oval), but sprint you can choose

Not good... look at the LLWS Test race... it was a strategy killer the rule to change the R1->R2 or the other way round...

Quote from aroX123 :
-(no one migth like this) A rallyX event to simulate rain? And people with good carcontroll can really show up in this race

A simple answer: NO!
Quote from TFalke55 :Oval: ca. 693kg
Road/Street: ca. 725kg

both without fuel or driver

The FO8 is 600kg without fuel or drivers and can carry up to 120kg, so a good idea for the next season perhaps?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :The FO8 is 600kg without fuel or drivers and can carry up to 120kg, so a good idea for the next season perhaps?

on oval 90, on road/street courses 120... might be worth a try... added to the "let's think about" list
Quote from TFalke55 :
Ehm? what you mean exactly... The Indy Car Style Q1-Q4, the DTM Style Q1-Q4, the F1 style Q1-Q3...?

F1 Style
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :The FO8 is 600kg without fuel or drivers and can carry up to 120kg, so a good idea for the next season perhaps?

Yes but an Indycar has 650bhp and teh F08 has only 458bhp.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG