The online racing simulator
I need help with my ipod nano
(40 posts, started )
hello fellow LFSers,

i have a problem with my 3rd gen ipod nano ( http://www.finalsense.com/news/image/portable/ipod-nano.jpg )

last week, it started to turn on just after i turned it off... even with the hold button... and sometimes it would turn off completely, and when i wanted to use it, well... it wouldnt turn on... it once took me more than 30 to get it back alive.

and yesterday... well.. it said '' i love you '' .... and... it never turned on again....

even if i plug it to my pc, the only thing that it does is show the screenie with the apple for about 10 seconds, and then turn off... and so on...

fyi, ive had this ipod for almost 2 years ( it will be 2 years in 26 days ) but still... do you guys recomend me to take it to the apple store and make em fix it... or just buy a new ipod ( itouch if possible ) ?
Quote from el pibe :and yesterday... well.. it said '' i love you '' .... and... it never turned on again....

that just sounds... creepy.
did you try resetting it? hold the center button and the top direction on the click wheel down at the same time.

that's my only idea for how to give it cpr.
My advice; throw it out and buy something not made by the cespool that is Apple.

Alternatively, get them to fix it if you still have waranty left.
i did try the reset procedure.... did not work.

and i dont think that i have any warranty left... so im better to ask a new one for bday ( the wait isnt that long tbh )... but i took all the juice it had so... im glad it survived 2 years just based on how i treated it ( no case ) but still... technology shouldnt fail.... =(

*starts digging a grave in the cementery for ipods...
Should last longer than 2 years, tbh... But, of course, Apple really doesn't give a toss. I regret buyin an iPod, should have bought myself an LG model instead.
#7 - JJ72
Just go to your cloest subway lost item retrieval counter and claim you have lost a lime green one.

You will probably be presented with 5 or so to choose from
Quote from el pibe :hello fellow LFSers,

i have a problem with my 3rd gen ipod nano ( http://www.finalsense.com/news/image/portable/ipod-nano.jpg )

last week, it started to turn on just after i turned it off... even with the hold button... and sometimes it would turn off completely, and when i wanted to use it, well... it wouldnt turn on... it once took me more than 30 to get it back alive.

and yesterday... well.. it said '' i love you '' .... and... it never turned on again....

even if i plug it to my pc, the only thing that it does is show the screenie with the apple for about 10 seconds, and then turn off... and so on...

fyi, ive had this ipod for almost 2 years ( it will be 2 years in 26 days ) but still... do you guys recomend me to take it to the apple store and make em fix it... or just buy a new ipod ( itouch if possible ) ?

charge it then press both the menu and center button for 7-10 seconds to allow it to re-boot.

ive had all the ipods you can name, if this does not fix it expect a " visit apple.com/support " message.
Quote from theirishnoob :charge it then press both the menu and center button for 7-10 seconds to allow it to re-boot.

ive had all the ipods you can name, if this does not fix it expect a " visit apple.com/support " message.

...cough...

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! : you try resetting it? hold the center button and the top direction on the click wheel down at the same time.

Quote from el pibe : did try the reset procedure.... did not work.

I dunno why people have so many issues with iPods... I've had my 5G iPod since it came out and I have no issues with it. Battery life is pretty good still as well. I don't even bother to have a case or protect it at all and it works wonderfully.
Get a Creative Zen. Problem solved.
Quote from mookie427 :Get a Creative Zen. Problem solved.

How is that problem solved? Everything breaks. That's like telling him to go buy a Ford becuase his BMW broke. Just because something breaks, don't just go buy another, different one (that just happens to be worse) thinking all problems will be solved.
Never buy anything apple-ish, except for real apples.
Why? Would you rather have a Zune, something you can't even use as a disk drive to store files on? or one of the various other PMP's that resemble a plastic+metal brick?

I think that everyone needs to stop being moronic with this Apple hate, and go back to hating something that we can agree to hate on... like drifters or cruisers. Apple hate isn't cool guiz.
I know something we can all agree on hating

DUSTIN
(post was made in a joking manor)

+1

I've had my Zen Vision M for about 3 years now, and it is indestructable. Add this to the fact that I found an epic converter that converts almost any video to the perfect format/bitrate/resolution for the ZVM, makes it epic
Quote from dawesdust_12 :How is that problem solved? Everything breaks. That's like telling him to go buy a Ford becuase his BMW broke. Just because something breaks, don't just go buy another, different one (that just happens to be worse) thinking all problems will be solved.

you need to read this......

Quote from JO53PHS :+1

I've had my Zen Vision M for about 3 years now, and it is indestructable. Add this to the fact that I found an epic converter that converts almost any video to the perfect format/bitrate/resolution for the ZVM, makes it epic

I agree with all that. Had my Vision M for a couple of years now, only froze a couple of times and then it's a quick matter of resetting it with an actual button unlike the iPoo one that is impossible to find.
Holding Menu+Center button is impossible to reset something?... I find it to be awfully intuitive without being able to be triggered accidentally.

Videos into iPod format.. Handbrake or iSquint/VisualHub/Super Video Converter. Converts anything I can think of into PSP/iPod/tonnes of other formats.

I've had my iPod for years and it hasn't died. Must be that most English people are retarded and need something that could withstand them sitting on it.

not really, creative are just as bad - Great after sale service though

but its true, only buy Real apples but the f****** rott your teeth like no tomorrow
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Holding Menu+Center button is impossible to reset something?... I find it to be awfully intuitive without being able to be triggered accidentally.

Videos into iPod format.. Handbrake or iSquint/VisualHub/Super Video Converter. Converts anything I can think of into PSP/iPod/tonnes of other formats.

I've had my iPod for years and it hasn't died. Must be that most English people are retarded and need something that could withstand them sitting on it.

Guess you're one of the lucky ones (kinda like people who own a 360 and havent gotten the RROD, yet). I found both Apple products I bought to be total shite, and will never buy another of their craptastic products. Never had any issue with any other mp3 player I've ever had.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why? Would you rather have a Zune, something you can't even use as a disk drive to store files on? or one of the various other PMP's that resemble a plastic+metal brick?

I think that everyone needs to stop being moronic with this Apple hate, and go back to hating something that we can agree to hate on... like drifters or cruisers. Apple hate isn't cool guiz.

Nah, I'm not really against apple, I'm hating apple lovers.

apple touch/phone/ipod etc. all explode and are white.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : because i can
All is a pretty large group.. I have an iPod (and iMac, and Macbook Pro) that hasn't, and my sister has an iPod touch that hasn't (along with several other iPods that didn't). I have just disproven you in 1 sentence. Additionally my iPod is a black one.

Therefore: You're an idiot for making a grossly incorrect and over-generalized statement.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :All is a pretty large group.. I have an iPod (and iMac, and Macbook Pro) that hasn't, and my sister has an iPod touch that hasn't (along with several other iPods that didn't). I have just disproven you in 1 sentence. Additionally my iPod is a black one.

Therefore: You're an idiot for making a grossly incorrect and over-generalized statement.

Correction; hasn't yet. [/devil's advocate]
I'm pretty sure it won't. Especially now as all it does is sit in my Car, hooked up to the RF adapter to let me listen to music in my car. My iMac and Macbook Pro... every fault with it has been my own fault... broken screen due to 3 foot dive.

I doubt my Apple stuff will fail outside of my own misuse and abuse, which is the reason iPods do break. They're well made unless you're a 13 yearold girl who washes it, stomps it, sits on it and then decides "HEY! LETS THROW IT AT STUFF!".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :

Quote from dawesdust_12 : You're an idiot for making a grossly incorrect and over-generalized statement.

kettle-pot-black?

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG