The online racing simulator
Beginners Thread - Some of us still need it - please!!
Perhaps some of you LFS speed kings understand everything mentioned on this site, whether in long hand or just with jargon but there's still an ongoing NEED for a "jargon buster" thread and perhaps a way of letting the new racers know how to grab a "set up" for their LFS program and even how to download these much vaunted paint jobs. Are they called "skins"?
How can new folks get up and running if they have only the site to learn from without a mate living next door?
I was skinning before i joined the site
Hi peejayh.

We've got a whole beginners section of the forum here :

http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=49

We've tried to include links in sticky threads right at the top there to various things such as the manual (LFS Wiki) and skinning sites, to help beginners. Let us know if anything's missing from there.
:bowdown:
Quote from Rappa Z :I was skinning before i joined the site

:woohoo:
I think it is more important to be quick than beauty. If you are really fast, you have no need for skinning skills , you will receive personnel for that .
Quote from Ger Roady :I think it is more important to be quick than beauty. If you are really fast, you have no need for skinning skills , you will receive personnel for that .

I dunno... what good is speed with out Style?
If you ain't got the engine to back up your paintwork, don't pick a fight at the lights.

Talkin of which. My mate is well into his modding (of cars, not games) He's spent over 60 grand getting his own car up to concourse condition but he has another car he drives from day to day. Nothing special to look at, slightly wider tyres maybe, a bigger exhaust, low profiles. But the paintwork sucks along with the interior. But you open up teh bonnet and OH MY ****ING GOD!! he has the Dogs in there. Bored, turboed, stroked, managed, Noxed, fettled, fiddled and any number of other sexual terms.

Pulled up beside this chavved up Astra that was two up and the stereo pumping wide. Dudes saw us and blipped his throttle. My mate just smiled. Dude revved some more, blue smoke piling out his exhaust. My mate just smiled some more. Dude adjust his baseball cap and chews his gum with more vehmenence. My mate is still smiling. Dude rocked his car on the handbrake, sending his lame arse gay looking spinners spinning. My mate watched the lights.

And they turned. And the Astra was OFF!!! He ****ing hammered it, wheels spinning, smoke pouring heads bobbing.

My mate gently put it into forst, rolled of the lights and gently pressed the accelerator. When he got a bit of speed up and the Atra boys where thinking job done, my mate pressed his Nox button and opened up the throttle. Man that thing spun in third!! We passed the Astra boys a bout a second later and left them in a cloud of laughing gas . . . . I never laughed so much in my life. You can have your paintwork, your stereo and your spinners. But if you ain't got the lump don't go picking a fight at the lights . . .
That reminds me of a mate who put a 2.0 litre engine into a Skoda Estelle 120L. Incidentally the old Estelle chassis becomes unstable at around 90-100mph so I don't recommend it, but damn that could pull away quickly...
lol. Like watching that Volvo video from Sweden. That was just nutty.
Quote from Funnybear :lol. Like watching that Volvo video from Sweden. That was just nutty.

aren't they all from there!

ive seen that one too, i wish i had done that to my old 340!
How crazy and how much time must you have spare to come up with such a beast. That really was a metal coffin waiting to happen . . .
completely off topic, i was just surprised to see a fellow New Jerseyian on here, Rappa. Wanted to say hello
Well congratulations Rappa. I don't know what else to say. Except was that supposed to be helpful or are you just bragging........?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG