The online racing simulator
Folkrace tracks and cars
(13 posts, started )
Folkrace tracks and cars
I think many people would like folkrace cars and tracks.

Since the team is making real racing tracks to game, what about Alastaro Circuit? http://www.alastarocircuit.fi/ The website is in Finnish, but it has nice pictures and maps
Since the team is making real racing tracks to game, what about <insert your favorite track here>?
Yes off curse we want more rallyx tracks, but my guess is that rallyx is not first in the pipeline. When or if we get a track editor with possibility to add user created tracks then we could see more rx tracks.

This is rally a question of how we can get more tracks into LFS. I can see a couple of solutions. First of all we need a track editor released to the public and possibility to add custom tracks to LFS. To make sure that the quality of new tracks are good we need to have a "track-comity" that approves new tracks. We dont want a lot of rubbish added to LFS!!
Or...
The LFS team could do it them selves, but this will be a SLOW process.
Or...
The LFS team could get some good third party developers to make new tracks and then the get them included into LFS.

In my opinion we don't need more cars in LFS, I would rather see some new tracks. And hopefully rx tracks

~b
Of all the places in Finland, why put a racetrack somewhere so bloody FLAT? No Flash on this computer so I can't browse the site properly, but it looks like you could configure spirit levels on that
Quote from Dajmin :Of all the places in Finland, why put a racetrack somewhere so bloody FLAT?

Er... because finland is basically a pancake?
It might not be as mountainous as some places, but the southern part is covered in lakes, so it must have hills round there. And I expect that since there's a mountain range runs along the north border, it's probably fairly hilly up there too. Great spots for interesting driving experiences
Also add this folktrack. I want it tomorrow. Kthxbai
Sections of that one remind me of Fern Bay
Quote from bluejudas :First of all we need a track editor released to the public and possibility to add custom tracks to LFS. To make sure that the quality of new tracks are good we need to have a "track-comity" that approves new tracks. We dont want a lot of rubbish added to LFS!!

...Meaning: We have lots of rubbish added to LFS, because we have the track editor. -1

Quote from bluejudas :
The LFS team could do it them selves, but this will be a SLOW process.

We get a new track "soon", and majority of the community moans for MOAR. That's why we can't have nice things because devs don't want to inform us, because then we would just ask more and more and more.

Quote from bluejudas :
The LFS team could get some good third party developers to make new tracks and then the get them included into LFS.

We all know what devs thinks of third party developers. And imho, LFS is better without 3rd party developers.
Quote from Gekkibi :...Meaning: We have lots of rubbish added to LFS, because we have the track editor. -1

I guess you missed the part about the "track-comity"?
The point is that we don't except rubbish. That is what the "track-comity" is all about. Their job is to filter all the rubbish, hence only quality tracks will be excepted. Considering the amount of time it will take to make a quality track my guess is that there will not be a lot of new tracks added because the "track-comity" will not except just anything.

~b
Quote from bluejudas :I guess you missed the part about the "track-comity"?
The point is that we don't except rubbish. That is what the "track-comity" is all about. Their job is to filter all the rubbish, hence only quality tracks will be excepted. Considering the amount of time it will take to make a quality track my guess is that there will not be a lot of new tracks added because the "track-comity" will not except just anything.

~b

So if you make a track, you can't even test drive it before "track-comity" approves it? And who should be in the "track-comity"?
- Devs? I know they have lots and lots of work even without the "track-comity".
- The community? Who then? You? Me? Old farts? Newbies? Drifters? Cruisers? I know only a few who would be good for that, for example tristancliffe, Jakg and Moose... But those were only my opinions. Some wants me, lerts and the stig... And think about the endless whining that someone were rejected etc.

I respect your opinions, but I don't want that LFS turns to another racer. *hug*

PS: I don't _need_ more tracks and cars to LFS. I'm happy with these cars & tracks. But more unique tracks & unique cars are always +.
Quote from Gekkibi :So if you make a track, you can't even test drive it before "track-comity" approves it? And who should be in the "track-comity"?
- The community? Who then? You? Me? Old farts? Newbies? Drifters? Cruisers? I know only a few who would be good for that, for example tristancliffe, Jakg and Moose... But those were only my opinions. Some wants me, lerts and the stig... And think about the endless whining that someone were rejected etc.

I respect your opinions, but I don't want that LFS turns to another racer. *hug*

PS: I don't _need_ more tracks and cars to LFS. I'm happy with these cars & tracks. But more unique tracks & unique cars are always +.

x.x

I would love some more folkrace/rallycross tracks within LFS. And I am all in for user made tracks, as long as the quality is ensured. A team that would work and give feedback on new tracks and ensure the quality / approval could solve the problem, all that is needed is the developers to want this. There are many people that could do the work, and in the end it would be the devs that had the final call, but the track team would filter out the crap and give them worthy contributions.
That would also mean there would be no lisence violations since they would look into that stuff before letting it reach the developers and ultimately release.
Quote from Gekkibi :So if you make a track, you can't even test drive it before "track-comity" approves it? And who should be in the "track-comity"?

Yes you could test the track, but only offline(how can you ensure the quality if you can't test it ) . There will really be no point in having a track just for you own pleasure, so if you decide to make a track then you need to make it good or else it will never be used online.

The "track-comity" will most probably be a small number of trusted people in the LFS community. A good starting point would be to recruit amongst the moderators on this forum. Their job is to pre-approve a track before the devs incorporate it into LFS. The point of this is to make sure that the devs can use their valuable time on other cool stuff. The alternative is that the devs make all the tracks themselves, and that is even more time consuming.

And about the whining; if all people involved with lfs can't live with the whining then they just have to quit!! As long as there are people there will be whining! That is just a fact of life. If you can't ignore things you can't do nothing about, then you get mad What we really need to stop is the people whining about all the whiners. They are the people who keep all the "whining-threads" alive.

(We should also stop people flaming people double posting or asking questions that has been asked before. Not all people live their entire life on this forum. If people just could be civil about it... a link to the similar posts or an answer to the question should be sufficient.)

~b

Folkrace tracks and cars
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG