The online racing simulator
Windows 7 (beeping noise monitor)
(9 posts, started )
Hi,

Just got and installed Windows 7 pro full client.
Everything is going perfectly, a nice upgrade of Vista. One problem though: since I have installed Windows 7 my LCD screen (Samsung) is making a beeping noise which doesn't go away. First I thought it was because of a bad resolution, fixed all that but the beeping continues. I then installed the latest nvidia drivers for windows 7, but the beeping continues. Rebooted twice in the meantime, yet the beeping continues. When I switch power off from my screen the beeping ends.

Did my screen go broke by accident right on the moment my Windows 7 was done installing ? Any other theories or advice ?

Cheers,
Is the beeping coming from the PC speaker or the speakers thats connected on ur soundcard? Never heard of this before tho lol.

Edit: My bad, emm. Try to use another output, dvi / hdmi / vga and so on - only while both are turned off.
Appears to be my monitor itself, gone broke on the moment Windows 7 was done installing.

When I turn power off beeping ends. When I use VGA instead of DVI it continues. When I use no VGA or DVI, soley power, the beeping also continues.

Damn, new screen is costly
It sounds like a wrong Resolution/Hz configuration to me. try to lower/high the resolution and Hz.
is it an actual internal beeping in the monitor or do you have monitor speakers (if its the latter then my first thought would be to turn off the speakers.. but im guessing its actually an internal beep)
Isn't it more like a high pitched noise? I have the same on my old 19" monitor.
what they said:

- has it internal speakers?
- can you try the monitor on another pc?

- beeping could be resolution, refresh rate (though I think usually the screen should just go blank).

- does it beep right from the start (turning the pc on), if yes, it's not the OS
Quote from GianniC :Any other theories or advice ?

Try playing with the brightness setting (or any settings affecting brightness - like their "enhanced super amazing auto contrast mode") and see if the sound changes at all (or goes away).
Myea, also one thing u could try is to look up your monitor name in google for example. Search for the user manual / tech specs and that stuff. And look for the beeping information (every motherboard has it, i bet this has too if it beeps). Then u can basically know what it means and what to do

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG