The online racing simulator
Need guidance for newbie about entering Leagues
Hello Everyone

I recently purchased a new momo (couldnt afford g25) after my ms sidewinder went missing to get back to experiencing some driving. I searched around for top simulation games and found that LFS is probably the best one. Surprised at all the features like manual transmisson, detailed car physics, advanced FF support, I decided I needed a manual transmisson and built a DIY one from a joystick (couldnt make a clutch pedal yet though :P ) I read about setups, found a fast setup and tweaked it abit to suit my style and got down to 1.34.98 with XF GTI in demo blackwood.

I could stay on the same track and car for 2 years as some ppl did and probably got 1.33.xx. However I believe racers must excel around multiple tracks and different cars (and its boring imo just to master a single track with the same car for years) so I went on and bought a S1 license. I checked the forums abit and saw the leagues. However I need some guidance from you fellow racers on how and where to apply to enter a race season.

- I'm a newbie (1.35.xx avg times on blackwood) with about 10 days LFS and FF wheel experience and I only own a S1 licence (cant afford S2 yet ).

- I try to drive clean and expect the same from others (I hate ppl who touch your bumber skillfully at a high speed corner, making u spin out to get the lead, then smile to your face)

- I'm also not looking for real hardcore racing like 3-5 hours every day (like wow).

Can you suggest me a league that can improve my LFS experience?

Thank you
Well, AFAIK there's absolutely no S1 leagues around. Of course you'd probably be allowed to race on a S2 league when they are running on S1 combos, but well, I guess that being allowed to race only once in a while isn't that fun. That's why I'd first suggest you to buy an S2 license, don't want to sound like a game seller, but staying on S1 probably won't even ive you so much enjoyement, as you'll always be obliged to undergo the segregation between S2 and the rest of the world

As said before, yes, Absolute Beginners is doing a nice job as I heard, this would give you some experience of basic combos before you try something harder. As Timo said, there's also the LFS Beginners' Cup, but they haven't any serious plans for the future AFAIK, after a quite disappointing 3rd season.

Last thing, low 1:35-high 1.34 aint bad at all for a newbie, personnally it took me months to go that fast So keep it up, pop in some servers(with an S1 license it will be quite difficult to find something half decent yes, but I guess that the Rolling TBO server should be good enough when they're running on an S1 track) to get more experience, that will help you to know the game a bit more
We are running an S1 track for next week TBO races (40min +1lap, must pit with tires change) on Monday and Wednesday at 21:00UTC.
We run twice the same track to give a chance to everyone to race their favourite tracks and to give others a chance to improve in second race.
Clean drivers a always welcome and there is no inscriptions, but make sure to check the rules and procedure before joining: http://www.ready2rollteam.com/

Server: Ready2Roll TBO Racing (server is on 10min +1lap races for training)
Good luck!
Thank you for the replies

I'm afraid I could not find any race info related to S1 at absolute beginner's league guess i can't join their races till I get my s2 license.

However I registered to R2R Team and was happy to find an S1 content race just as I hoped prior to buying S1 I'll try to get familiar with the team site, server and all that.
Oh deer, someone actually bought a S1 license

Congrats
Quote from weatherlight :Thank you for the replies

I'm afraid I could not find any race info related to S1 at absolute beginner's league guess i can't join their races till I get my s2 license.

However I registered to R2R Team and was happy to find an S1 content race just as I hoped prior to buying S1 I'll try to get familiar with the team site, server and all that.

4th October - RB4 - BL2. 40 laps race + qualifying = S1 content everything, which means you're welcome there. It would be better if you bought S2 license though Event starts at 17.00 GMT +0 and ends in about 1h 15 mins.
#9 - Riel
So nice to see the Absolute Beginners servers are mentioned in this topic. And as told, you are very welcome there!

Only, administrating a pure-s1 server is not really worth the effort for most hosts, so see if you can pick up some races, save up for s2 and really go for it then
#10 - Riel
So nice to see the Absolute Beginners servers are mentioned in this topic. And as told, you are very welcome there!

Only, administrating a pure-s1 server is not really worth the effort for most hosts, so see if you can pick up some races, save up for s2 and really go for it then

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG