The online racing simulator
Confirm Penalty Button
(9 posts, started )
Confirm Penalty Button
Hi LFS-Team.

I have a small improvement suggestion:

Please install (for example at control Menu) a "confirm penalty" button to switch away the messages "30 seconds penalty for jump-start", "Drive Through Penalty" etc.
Because the message is all over the screen like the yellow flag and it is sometimes annoying (especially 30 or 45 sec penalty messages) to see these until the race is over.

It would be nice when the message get small and 'jump' to to middle-top of screen (for example above the virtual mirror) after you confirm that.

Thanks a lot
ID

Edit: Of course, I read the "Suggested improvements log" thread but I didn't find it there
I agree!!

that would be a nice new option.
+2

@LFSn00b: good idea with the minimising to HUD
yes, yes, yes

it could go minimized even all by itself, after let's say 15 seconds

the nice place to display it (as a small 'P' letter icon) would be the drivers list, so everyone can see it next to the gap times.. quite a usefull information

there was also an idea once of putting pit stops information in there, all this together would make a very, very nice add-on, especially for longer races

the full info about drivers in the race could be:
gap | penalty notification | name | number of pit stops done
0:20 | P | drivername | 0
0:14 | drivername | 1

The whole point of it being big words in the middle of your screen is to make sure you don't ignore it. This defeats the purpose.
Not with time penalties, O ye of little reading skills.
Quote from SidiousX :-1

The whole point of it being big words in the middle of your screen is to make sure you don't ignore it. This defeats the purpose.

But what if you plan to take the penalty later, lets say 15 minutes (If the race is a long one)..?
I agree, that text should at least be movable, even if you can't hide it. Would be far less intrusive along the very top or bottom of the screen at the very least.

Besides, real drivers don't have HUDs in their helmets telling them to come in. I'm sure the team just radio in every now and again if it looks like they've forgotten. Could have a little dot matrix-style panel somewhere in the cockpit (or on the screen for external view folks) that has a different graphic for different penalties.

Something like...
>> - Drive-Through
|> - Stop & Go
Agreed..

Its very annoying and its far from realistic. (!)

Shift-F does make it disappear but all other information disappears too

Confirm Penalty Button
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG