The online racing simulator
[idea] TBO tyre update
(14 posts, started )
[idea] TBO tyre update
Hey. Touring cars in my opinion are a must have for LFS, So i would like to see

the TBO's to get slicks.

GTR's are great but i just cant help to think how awesome it would be if the real

battle of FWD vs RWD was brought to LFS.

-Jake!
yeh i know, there is alot more going on in the adaptation from road going car into a touring car but i think slicks would make the tbo cars a really good car for close and fast-er racing.
Maybe my post was a bit unclear and made you think that i thought TBO stood for touring whatever, but trust me, im not that stupid xD
Well let's have some Touring Cars then

The FX0 wouldn't take much tweaking, and people have been asking for a european style saloon Audi/BMW/Merc ripoff for years (as opposed to the Japanese monstrosity that is the FX0).
I'd love to have some proper 90s Touring cars in LFS.
I just want new cars
there should be a option for slicks on any of the road cars, seriously if you can easily put slicks on your road car in real life, why not in the game?
This would be nice if this improvement is added as this one is added too:

The server could have a filter to accept or deny slicks, normals, supers, knobblies or hybrids. When someone uses wrong tyres he can't get out of pits, getting a message like it does now when you use knobblies on a road track, or you use normals or supers on a rallycross.

Don't tell me Airio can do that, this part of forum is for LFS requests, not for Airio requests and help.
Road normals were never used online until road supers were remove from some cars. Allowing slicks would mean road tyres were never used online, even if servers could force restrictions. Which wastes the point of the development time put into road tyres and setups.
Quote from Bob Smith :Road normals were never used online until road supers were remove from some cars. Allowing slicks would mean road tyres were never used online, even if servers could force restrictions. Which wastes the point of the development time put into road tyres and setups.

I think it is actually a load of crap to not have at least road-supers on a race-car.
What would you fit on your car if you go and race with it??

Actually today i replaced normal "high performance" road tires under my real car and got road supers on it. Muchhhhhhh better in dry AND wet weather, however the catch is the available grip in snowy conditions.
But in the dry and wet handling is also much, because the sidewalls are much stiffer, stiffer then the normal and super road tires in lfs. But the threads of my tires are actually very, very simular to the road supers of lfs.

So i think is it is very unrealistic NOT to have road supers available for any car suitable for public roads.

little illustration of how different grip can be between tires:
Some years ago i got hit bij a seat leon (build around 2002) from behind because i had literally less than half the braking distance of the car behind. That car had 2 months old regular tires from a well known french brand on his car... That bad are regular road tires.
#10 - JJ72
Quote from mutt107 :there should be a option for slicks on any of the road cars, seriously if you can easily put slicks on your road car in real life, why not in the game?

Because everyone will be on slicks and it will kill the fun, road tires is where LFS shines.

And because of the weight of these cars in stock, it will just feel like an unpowered GT car with very bad aero.
Quote from JJ72 :Because everyone will be on slicks and it will kill the fun, road tires is where LFS shines.

And because of the weight of these cars in stock, it will just feel like an unpowered GT car with very bad aero.

servers could have a filter
I gotta say, TBOs on slicks would be pretty awesome
Quote from J@tko :I gotta say, TBOs on slicks would be pretty awesome

LFSTweak is your friend
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
#14 - JJ72
Quote from mutt107 :servers could have a filter

No use if they don't use them.

It has taken several years in LFS for server owners to actually put the car filter in some use.....I vividly remember the horror days with all cars servers.

And even if some uses it, it will separate the TBO population by half, which isn't a good thing.

[idea] TBO tyre update
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG