The online racing simulator
Virtual H Shifter
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Don1e
Virtual H Shifter
Hi ,i downloaded this wonderful program,but as far as i tried,only one gear works for me... I edited settings.xml to have bigger gear zones and its working perfectly in notebook = writing the letters that its supposed to write.. I set up my LFS gears corresponding to those letters,but no matter what i do,i am only allowed to shift up to 1, then it "freezes". I can move with my joy around all axes and its not going to shift up / down... If anybody had same problem and knows sollution, i would be grateful to hear it.. Thanks
#2 - Don1e
So i tried another program,same result... in options menu,when i move my joy to the gear zones,it sets the correct letter for them,but when driving, i just cant shift at all... i have selected H-shifter in the options menu of course... Strange thing, when i use senquential shifting,i can shift up and down easily - it "presses" the right key, i can also use clutch and e-brake with just moving joy,but when trying to shift with it, nothing happens
#3 - Danke
There's a check box in the config screen to say "hold the key down" or something like that. You need to have that checked.

When you "shift" in notepad, you should see the letter assigned to the gear keep repeating.
#4 - Don1e
thats what its doing in notepad, but in LFS it somehow doesnt even shift =(
#5 - Danke
In your "driver" setup screen in LFS, do you have the h-pattern gear shift set to h-shifter or something like that? Make sure it doesn't still say sequential.

Also, be sure that you're driving a car that has an h-pattern transmission. LFS won't let you use an h shifter to shift a sequential box.
#6 - Don1e
This man is my new hero... Thanks a lot Danke,i never tought about looking into Driver screen... To people who might have this problem, make sure, you have AUTO CLUTCH IN THE DRIVER SCREEN SWITCHED ON!!!!
#7 - Danke
Glad to help

Virtual H Shifter
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG