The online racing simulator
Strange warps
(14 posts, started )
Strange warps
Hello, I have annoying problem with this lovely game. Other cars keep warping/teleporting all the time. For example im driving behind some car, all the suddenly that car before me goes into the wall and crashes BUT thats not really happening...after 1 or 2 seconds he is back on the track, in front of me. Hope you got what i mean... so other cars keeps teleporting all the time and i can only quess where they really are. This is REALLY annoying because i get kicks/bans from servers because this problem makes me crash/push other cars out of the track or something like that. I have already tested to play with all low graphics, didnt fix anything. Also i think my connection is working fine. My ping aint too high either (mostly around 50ms). Game worked perfectly about week ago with same computer. PS. I have also reinstalled everything, game, OS (Vista Home Premium). I really hope someone can help me with this soon. Pls...
That problem is Internet connection related. Your ping might be good, but you may be losing packets anyway. Are you using a wireless connection?
No i dont have wireless. I have 24/1mbs ADSL and i had this same connection when game was working normally.
this happens to me on [CAD] ALL the time
If it's EVERY car on the server warping, it's definitely an issue at your end. The reason you're getting kicked is because everyone else will see you warping around the track in the same way.

How are you checking your ping? Doing a general check against a local server is only useful if you're playing on a local server. So if you're joining an American server from Finland your ping will be well over 50 - it shouldn't be unplayable though. Joining an Austrailian server will put your ping at around 400-450 and will be unplayable.

Check for packet loss. Open the command prompt, ping bbc.co.uk (since it's a reliable Euro server) and post the results up here. Ping is only half the issue, packet loss is the other half. And if you're on a fixed line (rather than wireless) then packet loss is an issue with your ISP.
Ping test showed no packet loss (0%) And lowest/highest ping was 43/47. I asked from other players if i was lagging but they said NO. So i think the reason why i get kicked is that i cause crashes which looks like i do those on purpose since i dont see where other players are really driving.
I just remember something which can cause this but its hard to tell with my english...But i will try.

So, i think this problem started when i changed my modem ethernet port from port number one (routed) to port number 3 (bridged). After that change when i went in online race my "LFS Personal Best Lap" was lost. Now after some laps server shows my PB Time 1:13.994 but Live for speed desktop shows time 1:13.740. So maybe this port changing thing f**ked up something, like IP... Oh, gotta mention that i changed my ethernet port back to 1 but no help.
Little update. My problem is still not solved... I noticed one new strange thing what is going on. I keep getting blue flag warnings pretty often, even when there is no other players that near to me. So some thing is really messing my position updates.
Still warping... Is it possible to erase all personal stats from all servers? I really think this warping happens because my personal stats are screwed. In server A my LFSW PB is 1:13.4 but in server B it is 1:13.9. Also it is sure that problem is not in my connection since other multiplayer games like Call of duty 4 works perfectly. I really need to solve this problem or i bought S2-License for nothing. Is it possible erase my LFSW Account and have a new one?
Problem is still very alive... I noticed that i have this same problem with other car games too so i quess something is really wrong with my connection. I called to my ISP and they said everything is ok at their end. I have done some ping tests, tracing test etc. and everything should be ok in my end too. No packet loss, low ping, clean OS installation, no firewall problems... Also my connection works perfect when i download videos, games & other stuff. Downloading with maximum speed... Only other problems i have is some internet videos are buffering all the time but only in some sites (mostly por... ) Here is my gameplay video so you can see better what is my problem.
Download (after long backstraight comes those huge warps what i usually get all the time) I really hope that someone know which can cause this or from where i should start to search answer for this prob.
do a test at speedtest.net, and give us back the results... but also try other locations, like the UK, canada, and US.
Speedtest.net results:

From Finland to:

Finland, Helsinki: Ping 48, Download 6.78, Upload 0.67
Russia, Moscow: Ping 54, Download 6.75, Upload 0.67
UK, London: Ping 122, Download 6.40, Upload 0.66
Germany, Frankfurt: Ping 92, Download 6.63, Upload 0.67
Spain, Madrid: Ping 160, Download 5.53, Upload 0.64
USA, New York: Ping 133, Download 3.04, Upload 0.66

Tested with 8/1mb ADSL. Usually i have 24/1mb ADSL but i asked my ISP to temporarily downgrade my connection speed to see if my router just cant handle 24/1mb good enough. Anyway, i got these same warps with 24/1mb connection and no matter where servers are... It warps in finnish servers too.

I have also done pinging & tracing tests with no errors or packets loss.
Could this error message be related with my warp problem. " NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as
a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'.
NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval
thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. (0x80072AF9) "
Found many of these messages in my "event log".
Quote from Scud81 :Little update. My problem is still not solved... I noticed one new strange thing what is going on. I keep getting blue flag warnings pretty often, even when there is no other players that near to me. So some thing is really messing my position updates.

I have had this happen to me, it was because another racer was permanantly lagging so badly that his car wasnt visible at all for about 2 laps, and my position kept changing, we must have been passing eachother nearly side by side the whole time but i could not see him, then whatever was causing his lagging stopped, and he suddenly popped up directly in front of me about 1 metre in front of my car at the end of blackwood straight and i ended up running him off the track because i couldnt avoid him!

Quote from Scud81 :Could this error message be related with my warp problem. " NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as

a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'.

NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval

thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. (0x80072AF9) " Found many of these messages in my "event log".

That above error is a problem with windows time updasing itself according to google, seems to be a vista problem so i wouldnt think its anything to do with your web issue.
I tested another router and it didnt help. I also tested my system memory with memtest86, no errors. So i quess the problem is in my ISP lines or my network card is dying (integrated realtek). Going to buy PCI-network card at monday, if that doesnt help is there other things in my system which could cause this? Im asking because if i ask assembler from ISP to check my system it is going to cost me about 100e if this problem is in my hardware. Dont wanna pay that much for nothing...

Strange warps
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG