The online racing simulator
#26 - JJ72
Quote from oli17 :would be awesome, but we think maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves...is something like that possible with literally next to NO money, NO experience and only a basic knowledge of what would need doing (know what to do just not how..)?

ta for the responses guys

Find some plywood, and build a Morgan.

I'll be your first customer.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If your still looking to do a Kart project, then as i said before, try and buy a kart chassis on the cheap, and put a motorbike engine in it. Job done!

that actually sounds like a plan, i think we might well do that. if we do i'll start a thread and keep y'all updated.

Quote from JJ72 :Find some plywood, and build a Morgan.

I'll be your first customer.

that doesn't LOL :P
Or make a chassis out of a shopping trolly, put an office chair on it and off you go.
Quote from G!NhO :Or make a chassis out of a shopping trolly, put an office chair on it and off you go.

Thats the way to go with no money and time
Yes if it worked lol.

A guy at my school made a kart for his DT project in GCSE. It was like those off road karts what JK has.
I'd sell it

If teacher asks why you didn't used it for a project, u answer:

"Monies"
Quote from oli17 :would that get me an A*?

If i was your teacher, then i would definetely give you an A* just for imagination.

Actually, i think it would be really awesome if you could pull it off! Think about it, a shopping trollet on some meaty kart wheels, a motorbike engine sticking out the back and a car seat in the middle.
me thinks the centre of gravity would not be so good though..
Quote from oli17 :me thinks the centre of gravity would not be so good though..

It wouldn't be too hard to modify the arms that the wheels bolt onto. You could just shorten them and make them wider.

Ofcourse, you would need some welding skills, plus a MIG welder.
we're thinking we could use the main frame (non-chicken wire bit), make axles and put the bike engine behind the racing seat, and find the rest at a breakers. any suggestions?
would that get you the marks though? it's all well making something great, but it needs to fit the criteria
Quote from BenjiMC :would that get you the marks though? it's all well making something great, but it needs to fit the criteria

we've decided to do it as a separate project now. my friend knows someone who's dad strips down and sells parts for bikes, so we're gonna try and get stuff from there, and use our teacher's expert welding skills to make the awesomest kart ever!

is there any way we could build it to race in an actual kart league?
i doubt it but i guess you could ask the kart expert Intrepid
I imagine it would either not meet the criteria for the league or be so slow as to not be worth competing (not casting a shadow over your driving or construction skills here, it's just that the other karts would have been specifically made for competition and had their designs refined for years by professionals)

Probably both.
#41 - 5haz
Make a dirt buggy out of it, it'll be miles more fun.
Quote from oli17 :my friend has a vectra engine to spare, and we were thinking of using it in a kart for a DT project. my question is, would this work? (the answer is probably no but might as well ask)

what size ??

1.6 101 bhp lump ( 94-01 ) ?

could work... Wouldn't reccomend it.
Quote from theirishnoob :what size ??

1.6 101 bhp lump ( 94-01 ) ?

could work... Wouldn't reccomend it.

we're using a bike engine now...dude hasn't replied so not sure what the options are atm...will keep u lot posted on progress
Quote from oli17 :we're using a bike engine now...dude hasn't replied so not sure what the options are atm...will keep u lot posted on progress

was gonna say try getting a bike engine as theyre are small but Very effective. vectra is a touch too big.

is it a street or mud/field thing or just for the laugh ?
Quote from theirishnoob :was gonna say try getting a bike engine as theyre are small but Very effective. vectra is a touch too big.

is it a street or mud/field thing or just for the laugh ?

sorta just for the laugh but was thinking of putting slicks on if possible. would any tracks let us go mad with it to test out? (school drive with speed bumps and rugby pitch aren't the best places to test it out...)
Quote from oli17 :sorta just for the laugh but was thinking of putting slicks on if possible. would any tracks let us go mad with it to test out? (school drive with speed bumps and rugby pitch aren't the best places to test it out...)

get some little mini axles, weld a tiny chasis together with room for one, cage, seat, safety tank...

atleast with that you have the tiny wheels required, proven technology, and wheels should be small, get some wheels from a breakers yard so you cant have your knobblys, sports etc on a small budget.
how about putting the vectra engine in a mini and getting it made road legal :P
Quote from Luke.S :how about putting the vectra engine in a mini and getting it made road legal :P

2.0 XE with just a port and polish... maybe a straight through exhaust /w silencer....

That would be mental.
Quote from theirishnoob :2.0 XE with just a port and polish... maybe a straight through exhaust /w silencer....

That would be mental.

Making a mini into an actual UFR that flips as easily as the UFR that would be insane

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG