The online racing simulator
Quote from Alec01 :Sorry to soundlike a complete n00b but whats this in game bloom all about? Something about graphics?

Yeah it's a graphical 'addon' which simulates changing light intensity, like how when you walk out of a dark room everything seems really bright for a second and then evens out.

Most games apparently think it's "make all the light areas glow so much it blinds you".
Quote from pasibrzuch :1. Have some ideas.
2. Share it with others in a non ideal way.
3. Get flamed and called stupid between the lines.
4. ???

And seriously ???!

Is this a fu**n competition to make the most funny-offensive response to him?

+1. This forum have too much intolerant people

This subforum IS the subforum to share ideas, or a idea suggested before is a bad idea?
Quote from tristancliffe : 17.Barrier dont shoot you to air Don't hit them then

LOL, its like saying. The car is bugged. Dont drive it then
Quote from lfsn00b :
Quote from jo53phs :you all seem to be forgetting that lfs has a built in ogg vorbis player

it'd be useless to mention as he would think it supports mp3 and then cries it sucks that it needs to be changed because he is unable to even search anything.

+1

and i guess he is just joking. not serious. especially for the driver death thing. i wish someone was with me when i read it so we could have laughed together.
Quote from luckytuner :LOL, its like saying. The car is bugged. Dont drive it then

That would be a good way of avoiding a bug, yes.
Quote from Alec01 :Sorry to soundlike a complete n00b but whats this in game bloom all about? Something about graphics?

Bloom is bloom ..

Posted some pics, this is how my LFS looks like.
Attached images
fzrskin.jpg
race.jpg
enb1.jpg
enb2.jpg
Quote from emreerokyar :+1

and i guess he is just joking. not serious. especially for the driver death thing. i wish someone was with me when i read it so we could have laughed together.

I actually liked that one the most. Maybe a server-setting?

It would change the way ppl drive considerably and also take care of some lamers and jackasses.
Could even make a last-man-stands mod

Ursa..
Turn signals and hazards can be put to any key already

/constructivepost
Don't forget:
Tunning, Bumpers, Engine levels 1 to 3, suspension levels 1 to 3...
and stickers. Like NOS. Makes u go faster.
Quote from Falcon140 :Turn signals and hazards can be put to any key already

/constructivepost

Never heard of it, but would like to hear
Quote from hazaky :Never heard of it, but would like to hear

Read my post in this thread.
Quote from Stefani24 : Since when is a formula not a car?

For those who came late into following formula 1 car racing, and working roughly from a somewhat fading memory, wasn't it around the late nineteen eighties?

I seem to recall that at or about that time they were all converted into high speed carnival floats, and joined in what (then) became the fornightly global advertising processions.
Quote from MudPuppy :For those who came late into following formula 1 car racing, and working roughly from a somewhat fading memory, wasn't it around the late nineteen eighties?

I seem to recall that at or about that time they were all converted into high speed carnival floats, and joined in what (then) became the fornightly global advertising processions.

Well they are still cars, no matter if they drive almost for themselves and the drivers won't fight on the track because they cost more than Bill Gates owns, but they still have 4 wheels, a steering wheels, 2 pedals, an engine and a transmission.
They are still cars.
Quote from tristancliffe :That would be a good way of avoiding a bug, yes.

live couses some problems.... dont live then
The #1 thing I want right now is unforgivable crashes. I don't care about the exact details why your car can't move etc. If you hit the wall, in real life it is very likely you won't be able to continue the race and it doesn't make any difference if it's something with the engines, chassis, drive train, whatever. This would make racing so much more realistic.
Here's are some improvement suggestions.. hope it might be seen and appreciated.

- Marshalls are waving the flags around the circuits when needed (that would be an easy way to put some life around the circuits). Just a waving flags aside the marshall even without arms animation would already be nice.

- Ability to listen favorite internet radio stations while racing in non-professional events.

- At least a virtual " horizontal pole animation" showing our own pitbox while pitting.

- The View Tab would enable a user with multiple monitors to place the screens at the degree he wants. It would give 3 monitors owners a chance to have

a "curved, bubble" view setup so the driver can have a better physical peripheral view instead of having 3 monitors forming a straight line on
the desk.

- Manager mode where one of your friend can manage pitstop strategies
and have access to telemetry while keeping contact on a radio frequency.

That one might be much more difficult to implement but very avant-garde
compared to other sims out there.

- Severe Injuries could hold a driver from returing to the same race after a big crash. :ambulance

Some of those have been already said I guess but I hope we might see these in LFS one day.

All options have already indeed been suggested, but this one:

"6.Light on board when you running on low fuel Most race cars don't even have a fuel gauge"

But MANY race-cars DO have one, so it will make it lfs better if cars in lfs would have a fuel light too. Only for example the mrt5 probably wouldn't have a fuel light indicater(just guessing)
formula cars, gt-racing cars, road-cars, al have fuel light indicators or at leas a fuel light indicator.

I already post a long time ago a link to a movie which showed a example of spyker GT2R car which has a very, very big low-fuellight indicator.

If it was built like that into lfs, people would be shouting it is unrealistic!
I can't think of a Formula car with a fuel light...
Quote from hrc :Im say what we all want to Live for speed
1.More real cars
2.Any real track

Don't care.

Quote :8.Mp3 player to listen music in the race

Don't want.

Quote :9.Driver in the race when he have big crash he can die and player must wait to next race

Don't want.

Quote :10.Race with ghost

Don't want.

Quote :16.Hight way or something like this where you can test top speed

Don't want, and completely useless.

Quote :18.Mrt reserve

Don't want.

Maybe you mis-interpreted the meaning of "all."
LFS is so freakin' good! ANY NEW THINGS ARE UNNECESSARY.
Quote from ponczak :LFS is so freakin' good! ANY NEW THINGS ARE UNNECESSARY.

I disagree.

But LFS doesn't need stupid things added to it.
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't think of a Formula car with a fuel light...

No they might not have one, they do have a big crew of engineers checking every detail of the car, fuel -load, oil tempature, oil pressure, coolant temperature. Also, except for amateur series, full assistence in setting up the car, calculating what the dempers should be, calculating exactly what the wing settings must be, ride height brake-balance, etc.

Also those nice lcd-display's are able to display error-messages such as low-fuel, too high or too low tempatures anything the engineers have programmed into it.

gt-cars sometimes do have fuel light indicators and big ones too AND a pit-crew also watching the same thing..

We have none of that in lfs, so fuel low light indicator or a simulated pit-crew telling you are running low on fuel whatever doesn't strike me as being unrealistic even for a formula-series car.
But do they? In F3 they just add enough fuel to do the race - a known quantity based on experience, i.e. in testing they add fuel, so some laps, the measure how much fuel is left in the tank by draining it, from which they'll know the fuel used per minute/lap/kilometre.

I'd wager it's the same in Formula Renault, Formula Vee, Formula Ford, Formula 2, GP2, Superleague.

Oil temperature is measured, as is oil pressure, coolant temperature, and displayed in the car, recorded on the datalogging, but not very often is a live feed of that available in the pitlane.

Damper calcs are usually done by feel and trial and error, although some maths and the use of multi-post shaker rigs are used by the larger teams. Wing settings are also done by feel and experience, and very rarely by calculation or simulation, as is ride height (again, shaker rigs are useful here), and brake balance is done by the driver on the track.

F1 has telemetry, but not many other formula series do, and F1 has access to a lot of computer simulations (CFD for example) that most formula series don't.

I have a 'nice LCD' that shows me oil temp and pressure, coolant temp, revs, speed, laptime data (last, best and predictive), gear, steering input... and anything else I want to program into it, and all of this is also recorded for me to look at later - I once posted my datalogging on here to get tips from other people! With fuel injection then fuel pressure and fuel usage can also be recorded, but this is for looking at on a laptop afterwards rather than to tell the driver or the pitcrew they are running out of fuel.

GT cars, where refuelling is carried out, might have a fuel gauge, but I'm only referring to open wheel cars and not tin tops.

If, let's say, an F3 car was used in a race with refuelling, then it would almost certainly be all decided beforehand - add fuel to get to lap 20, and at the pitstop then another 30 litres would be added. No fuel gauge, light or pitwall computers telling you anything else.

Don't think that even professional single seater championships are that technically advanced below GP2 levels.
Quote from ChiliFan :Yeah it's a graphical 'addon' which simulates changing light intensity, like how when you walk out of a dark room everything seems really bright for a second and then evens out.

Most games apparently think it's "make all the light areas glow so much it blinds you".

It's not so much changing intensity - basic bloom is an attempt to get round the fact that light areas in real life are often far, far brighter than the brightest colours your monitor can produce. The dynamically changing amount of bloom (in Half Life 2 for example) is just to stop areas with all dark parts being so dark you can't see and areas with predominantly very bright parts being so bloomed out you also can't see. It's this last part that's oftem forgotten in games that feature bloom.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG