The online racing simulator
#1 - evans
GTR engine cut during pit-stop
After looking in Hyperactives "Suggested improvements log", I was surprised to see that no one had suggested a forced engine cut for the GTR cars during refueling, since that how it is in real life.
Of course, the ignition button should be bindable, so you wouldn't have to stretch to the keyboard and hit I every time. And of course, if you're just changing tyres, repairing damage or whatever, you wouldn't need to cut the engine. Only during refueling, and only in the GTR cars.
Another thing I'd like to see in the GTR cars (and the Formula cars too) is a little mini-screen, like the MoTeC screens you see in SimBin's GTR.
For the more normal GT cars, you could have smaller timers, like the ones in GT Legends. It should show you lap-times, splits etc., but you should also be able to configure your next pit-stop on the screen, and maybe brake bias too.

Anyway, my ideas on how to add more realism to the sim Oh and yes, center those window wipers, instead of letting them disrupt airflow on one side of the car.
I like these suggestions, especially about those little screens. I would love to race with an empty screen, without my laptimes and such, to have it a bit more realistic. So if we add those screens, and maybe moving officials, it would be possible. I like this... very much.
lovely ideas
#4 - ajp71
More important would be longer pit stops and no stops in the FOX, you cannot refuel a Formula Renault IRL.
Where's the fun in that? illepall

Also, the FOX isn't a Formula Renault. It's an FOX.
#6 - ajp71
Quote from Forbin :Where's the fun in that? illepall

Also, the FOX isn't a Formula Renault. It's an FOX.

It's a small carbon tubbed naturally aspiratied 2 litre single seater, closest to a Formula Renault, but no car like this IRL ever refuels in race or is designed for more than 30 minutes work at a time.
#7 - jtr99
Quote from ajp71 :It's a small carbon tubbed naturally aspiratied 2 litre single seater, closest to a Formula Renault, but no car like this IRL ever refuels in race or is designed for more than 30 minutes work at a time.

Thanks for the info, AJP, I didn't know that. Why is this so? Do they overheat after 30 minutes?
No, they run out of fuel!
Quote from ajp71 :It's a small carbon tubbed naturally aspiratied 2 litre single seater, closest to a Formula Renault, but no car like this IRL ever refuels in race or is designed for more than 30 minutes work at a time.

I agree. It would be nice if only certain cars in LFS were suitable for real endu racing and others were not. Would add to the feel and realism of the game.
This would also be nice but jeez, with all these "improvments" will the devs even go home?
Quote from jtr99 :Thanks for the info, AJP, I didn't know that. Why is this so? Do they overheat after 30 minutes?

Firstly they'll run out of fuel due to having a small tank and bodywork has to be removed to access the fuel tank. Secondly the battery would run out (these cars all use small batteries without dynos to save weight and to increase drivetrain efficiency).
Nah, i dont think this would be good as then you couldnt have races longer than 30 mins max in the FOX and besides it is a made up car kinda, is there a car called a "FOX" in real life? it may look like another car but nothing says it is...
n1trous, i can't read ur sig.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG