The online racing simulator
Good PS3 import titles?
(11 posts, started )
Good PS3 import titles?
One of the (only? ) good things about the PS3 is its region free, I have a bit of a passion for obscure titles, I recently picked up Railfan : Taiwan High Speed Rail for the ps3, which looks like a cool trainsim!!!!.

Anyway, anyone got any suggests for good (preferably with english text) import titles that we can't get in the UK?
There's apparently a few worth picking up if you can get them on the cheap.

Demon's Souls is the one everyone is talking about, a 3rd person RPG. With multiplayer.
Afrika is a wildlife photographer sim. Set in Africa. Where the lions and tigers are.
And Aquanaut's Holiday is the same sort of thing, but underwater. Like the surprisingly popular Wii game Endless Ocean.
Yeah, Afrika looks interesting, and Demon souls too.....
You don't deserve the replies you Xbot!

Yea, i hear a LOT of good things about Demon Souls, and Asian versions (besides the Japan one) are with an english voices and subs. But it's also extremely hard game.. but there's an US(EU?) version coming out this holiday too..
Quote from Boris Lozac :You don't deserve the replies you Xbot!

Yea, i hear a LOT of good things about Demon Souls, and Asian versions (besides the Japan one) are with an english voices and subs. But it's also extremely hard game..

An "xbot" who also happens to own a PS3
Just copying me, that's all

I'd heard pretty good things about the train sim you mentioned before. How much did you pay and what's it actually like? How much fun can it be when you're stuck to a fixed route? I've never used a train sim of any kind before.
Dunno yet, only ordered it yesterday!!!!, paid £25 for it from ebay, watched a few vids on youtube about it, and it looks pretty good.

I played lots of trainsims in the past, MSTS, RS, that other Japanese freeware thingy, I like them, sure, they aren't that exciting, but there is something satisfying about them, weird I know, but then again, it wasn't that many years ago I used to do real life long haul flights on MSFS!!!!
I used to be a total train geek when I was a kid (grew up living next to a railway), so there's still a part of me that loves the damn things. Strangely, I've never actually felt the desire to buy a train sim on any format. I've done stuff like Railroad Tycoon, but never MSFS or RS, so I'm interested to hear more about this one when it arrives.
I was the full HD video footage that had me sold, that and the fact its a 180mph train!!!!
Quote from Dajmin :There's apparently a few worth picking up if you can get them on the cheap.

Demon's Souls is the one everyone is talking about, a 3rd person RPG. With multiplayer.
Afrika is a wildlife photographer sim. Set in Africa. Where the lions and tigers are.
And Aquanaut's Holiday is the same sort of thing, but underwater. Like the surprisingly popular Wii game Endless Ocean.

Ooh, heard good things about Afrika, I'm on the prowl for a cheap-ish copy (I'll get my coat...)

I fscking hate games that include underwater sections (traumatic experience underwater growing up, I've been told...) though, so I'll be giving Aquanut a miss See my Tomb Raider thread for an example, the level designers thought it would be smart to base the entire first level in the middle of the ocean...Took me 3 hours to dive off the freakin boat
Quote from dougie-lampkin :...on the prowl... (I'll get my coat...)

Please do
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I fscking hate games that include underwater sections (traumatic experience underwater growing up, I've been told...)

I almost drowned on holiday when I was 6, remember it like it was yesterday. I think that's why I don't like long, quiet underwater stuff in first person, games or TV.
I'm curious about these kind of games though. Afrika looks stunning in all the videos I've seen, but I wonder how much just running around taking photos of stuff can hold my attention for a few hours.

Good PS3 import titles?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG