The online racing simulator
G25 Problem
(11 posts, started )
G25 Problem
Hi,

My son (9) has a G25 which has developed an 'H' shifter problem. He selects 1st but the game shows 3rd. 2nd gear shows 4th etc.

I have reassigned the gears using controls and options but, no matter what game he plays, the result is the same. The paddle shift is fine.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks
Nigel
Did you test it in G25 Control Panel by Control Panel > Game Controller > Logitech G25 > Properties and see if your H shifter is working fine or not. If it is, maybe logitech profiler problems or if it isn't, try uninstall G25 driver and software and install it again and if it still doesn't work, it's a wheel problem. But I think it's just a software-level problem.

Wish you can fix it soon!!

ps. sorry for my english
Sounds like the shifter is broken and needs to be RMA'd.

If you're not under warranty anymore (try calling Logitech either way) and are technically adept, you can attempt to disassemble the shifter unit and repair it yourself, though I don't know what exactly causes the left-right sensor to fail in such a way.

Unfortunately the G25 shifter units tend to break in one way or another, for example the reverse gear ceasing to work is a pretty common one that I experienced, too, but I could fix it by re-soldering together a wire that had broken due to fatigue.
Quote from JoshsDad :Hi,

My son (9) has a G25 which has developed an 'H' shifter problem. He selects 1st but the game shows 3rd. 2nd gear shows 4th etc.

I have reassigned the gears using controls and options but, no matter what game he plays, the result is the same. The paddle shift is fine.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks
Nigel

if its on warranty, then mail logitech.. if not, open up the shifter, and check the connections inside i did it when a friend of mine spilled choco in my shifter :P resoldered somethings and now it works just fine
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Tried the Controller/properties and 1st, 3rd and 5th gear shows only 3rd gear and 2nd, 4th, 6th and reverse all register 4th gear!

I rang logitech today (the wheel is 2 years and 1 month old - typical!) and their office was shut!!

I think I've read somewhere that Logitech don't do repairs - is that right?
No, they don't do repairs, but they send full replacements
That would be brilliant but I'm guessing that as it's a month out of warranty they probably won't be doing that in my case - when I eventually get hold of them
Most people who've had faulty units outside of warranty have had them replaced by Logitech, they're really good like that They'll want to make sure it's been destroyed, and will probably ask you to do something like this though
Actually, cutting the USB cable is enough for it to count as "destroyed", but I guess some people just want to go the whole mile :rolleyes:
Shifter issues
I have had my g25 for 3-4 months now, and it is developing shifter issues, e.g when i put the car into first gear (H pattern mode) and drive in first for a little while it drops into neutral, this can be very annoying and now the shifter has started getting problems in sequential mode too, it just chooses to drop gears randomly, does anyone have an idea as what this problem could be and how to fix it, thanks...
Quote from JoshsDad :That would be brilliant but I'm guessing that as it's a month out of warranty they probably won't be doing that in my case - when I eventually get hold of them

if its out of warranty then it might be worth having ago at fixing it rather than buying another, heres a step by step guide on how to fix it, Click

credit to [DJ] Logicalx and the tc forums for the tutorial

G25 Problem
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG