The online racing simulator
Gun problems?
(18 posts, closed, started )
Gun problems?
On a .45 auto I seem to be having a weird problem. The round doesn't chamber completely 100% it's like slanted upwards and gets stuck. On certain types of rounds it deforms them.

One time it actually fired with the breach open, woah... was that loud even through plugs.

Manually loading the round into the breach or slowly closing the slide chambers it... The action of the gun will not.
Just shoot those bluds with a bow n arrow instead
#3 - dadge
this kind of thing cracks me up. do you think he's posted a thread on a gun forum titled "DFP not responding" or something similar?
Weapon properly cleaned and oiled, haven't switched round manufacturers recently? Don't know an awful lot about pistols, but that's what I'd suggest

We were out on an exercise earlier in the year using blanks (5.56 automatics, same principal though), but they were a new brand being trialed or something. They were terrible quality, every 3rd or 4th round would double feed, they weren't ejecting, some even got caught in the breach when being loaded, jamming it open. Switching back to our "old" rounds fixed it completely, even though they looked identical. Just shows how much different manufacturers differ
rune, that's a feeding problem. What's the exact model of .45? When was the last time you cleaned it?

Quote from dadge :this kind of thing cracks me up. Do you think he's posted a thread on a gun forum titled "dfp not responding" or something similar?

was torn between what i said or "Welcome to the LiveForGuns forum"
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :was torn between what i said or "Welcome to the LiveForGuns forum"

Well, neither were funny so it doesn't matter. Let's leave this thread to the people who know about guns.
It's a Kimber Ultra crimson Carry II, which I depend on. I actually clean it after every shooting session. I stripped it out on the range and cleaned it, examined the parts.

It was sent back to the manfacturer, everything appeared to be fine.... They sent it back... it still doesn't work. I've always used the same ammo in it, the last 500-600 rounds shot through. They are Blazer .45 auto.

I also have a Kimber Royal II .45 acp, not a problem with that.

Explain what you mean by caught in the breach... you mean the round slanted at 45 degree angle (give or take a few degrees), partially in the chamber being crushed by the slide/bolt?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Weapon properly cleaned and oiled, haven't switched round manufacturers recently? Don't know an awful lot about pistols, but that's what I'd suggest

We were out on an exercise earlier in the year using blanks (5.56 automatics, same principal though), but they were a new brand being trialed or something. They were terrible quality, every 3rd or 4th round would double feed, they weren't ejecting, some even got caught in the breach when being loaded, jamming it open. Switching back to our "old" rounds fixed it completely, even though they looked identical. Just shows how much different manufacturers differ

Please tell me your gun knowledge is purely for farm use only?
How old is your recoil spring? How many rounds have you put through the gun with the current spring?

Breach = near end of the barrel, opposite of the muzzle
#11 - VoiD
WoW..thread started by some usa-dude.
Well, I´m not surprised..

Load one round and try some russian-roulette (should be easy with a automated gun) till it works, than post again....
These are 5.56 automatic rifles though, as I say I've only limited experience with pistols. I mean that the shell casing was somehow not ejecting fast enough before the breech closed, usually they'd jam between the stock and the back of the locking piece, or else it would extract a fresh round from the mag and that would catch on the empty casing being ejected, causing both to get jammed as the locking piece came back. It was very strange, it's the only time I've had a stoppage other than a wrong gas setting. But it was just funky ammo to blame

If the manufacturer said the weapon's OK, it would suggest that it's the rounds being at fault, but if you've been using them all along, I haven't a clue what's wrong

Quote from pacesetter :Please tell me your gun knowledge is purely for farm use only?

Partly farm usage, partly army usage
Stovepipe jams are usually indicative of ejection issues. That doesn't sound like rune's problem.

rune, please confirm the behavior of the gun in the following situations:

1. gun clear, insert mag, let slide down slowly -> round chambers?
2. gun clear, insert mag, push slide release -> round does not chamber?
3. gun clear, insert mag, pull slide back all the way and let go -> round does not chamber?
4. (same as 3, but ensure the round chambers) then fire, ejecting the old round and chambering a new one -> old rounds ejects but new round does not chamber?
Quote from runeman : One time it actually fired with the breach open, woah... was that loud even through plugs.

That's not supposed to happen...
My M1 carbine used to get the rounds stuck in the bolt when me and my dad shot it, but we just cleaned it and it works..
#17 - Woz
Quote from runeman :One time it actually fired with the breach open, woah... was that loud even through plugs.

Take the gun to the shop so you dont kill yourself!
#18 - SamH
I'm sure you guys already know that this forum is UK-based. I need to inform you that handgun ownership is illegal in the UK.

This discussion, therefore, is tenuous at best (rather like discussing the best spliff to roll, or where to find a good dope supplier) and would instead be best conducted on a US-based forum, preferably one relating to guns and/or the NRA.

The Live For Speed forum is not the place. Sorry, but I'm sure you understand.
This thread is closed

Gun problems?
(18 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG