The online racing simulator
Some OT questions to the DEV's (for afterwork)
Hi Scawen, Eric and Vic

i have some questions a bit away from the main LFS part. Maybe you get some time to answear them. But another chance is (the reason why i'm posting in this board) to get an answer from some well informed fan boys over here.

1.) Communication
How are you communicating between each other in the "devteam". By video-conferencing? Only by phone, chat, mail? I don't think you all are living really close to each other, right? At least not all of you...

2.) Office/Workplace
It would be really interesting to see the holy machines LFS is developed on, or maybe your workplace. Are you working at home? I know, these questions are maybe a bit "private" - but then just don't answer

Would be nice to get some information, would be just nice to know.

Greetings from Germany
Warper
Oh, I was waiting for something similar to GrandSurf's cockpit setup.
nah, this is more or less the way I expected it...
clamps, a wooden board, beams sticking out, just looks natural and rough (and a bit like the man himself ).
But also professional like the racing seat and the exalted pedals.... and the widescreen

It's looking "different", but I'm sure its awesome when you sit there and drive
Quote from GP4Flo :1. I'd guess they are just using e-mail and phone.

2. Here are two pics of Scawen's gaming PC:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=81276#post81276

Thanks for the information Flo. But i don't think that scawen is developing on this seat and with this table Maybe there is something more...

And you think they are only using phone and email? Would be really hard to communicate i think. Atleast a bit circumstancial wouldnt it?

Greetings
hmm, interesting topic, now that you've brought it up, I'm curious on how they communicate with each other in developing LFS too, would be interesting to know more :P
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Phone and E-mail? Why not just one of those private IM clients (not MSN etc.) with a voice & video feature? Cheaper and more efficient
I bet they are using telepathy...
I bet they never talk to each other, and they have to keep up with whatever 'promises' the others suggest. So Victor will say "Aero patch coming soon" and Scawen will read it and say "Shit, better start making one". Then Scawen will say "LFSW is getting a big update" and Victor has to run around like a madman making it happen...

Eric talks to no one, so he just gets on with it and emails the results to Scawen occasionally
:ices_rofl
Quote from tristancliffe :I bet they never talk to each other, and they have to keep up with whatever 'promises' the others suggest. So Victor will say "Aero patch coming soon" and Scawen will read it and say "Shit, better start making one". Then Scawen will say "LFSW is getting a big update" and Victor has to run around like a madman making it happen...

Eric talks to no one, so he just gets on with it and emails the results to Scawen occasionally

ROFL, ROFL, ROFL

Yeah the, and I quote, "Apart from the aerodynamic and tyre improvements, there might be an interesting surprise." means "OK, some peeps been complaining about those things for a while, so I'll give Scawen a month to sort it out. I dunno what Eric has been up to for the past 8 months, so let's call it a "surprise" and lets hope he can cook something up "
Quote from tristancliffe :I bet they never talk to each other, and they have to keep up with whatever 'promises' the others suggest. So Victor will say "Aero patch coming soon" and Scawen will read it and say "Shit, better start making one". Then Scawen will say "LFSW is getting a big update" and Victor has to run around like a madman making it happen...

I think it's remarkable they've been able to work for what, 5 years like this.

Now seriously, I'm pretty sure they're telepatically linked to each other, their minds are one. Like Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit... Theyre all the same, but they all are different...

I really should stop drinking now...
Quote from Qurpiz :I think it's remarkable they've been able to work for what, 5 years like this.

Now seriously, I'm pretty sure they're telepatically linked to each other, their minds are one. Like Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit... Theyre all the same, but they all are different...

I really should stop drinking now...

What are drinking, btw?
Absinth. Or so it would seem.
Ot
Quote from Forbin :Absinth. Or so it would seem.

Always meant to try it. Is it as different as they say?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :What are drinking, btw?

What I finds I drinks
Ot
Quote from Qurpiz :What I finds I drinks

student... are you!?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Always meant to try it. Is it as different as they say?

No idea, never tried it myself. Pretty sure it's illegal in my country.
Quote :At the height of its popularity, absinthe was portrayed as a dangerously addictive, psychoactive drug and similarly banned in other European countries and in the United States. In fact, high alcohol content and a suggestive reputation are now considered to be its most active ingredients. A modern-day absinthe revival began in the 1990s, as countries in the European Union began to reauthorize its manufacture and sale.

High alcohol content, psychoactive drug, whatever, we have it.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from filur :High alcohol content, psychoactive drug, whatever, we have it.

lol... from lfsforum.net just turned from an autosport simulation BB to a "High alcohol content, psychoactive, illegal in many countries drug, " pedling business Soon to be closd by da authorities...

P.S. Thanks for the nfo.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Always meant to try it. Is it as different as they say?

Well apparently you're not really supposed to drink it neat, like you would with a shot of vodka. Which I wish someone had told me before I tried it...
lol. The main reason I never bought it was I wouldn't know what to do with it. So WHAT is the procedure?
Errr, tbh I'm not sure. I vaguely recall something about using a teaspoon and warming it and letting it partially crystalise. Then again, whoever told me that may have been worse for wear himself and getting confused with crystal meth...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

ROFL, funny how i could definatly see that!! "
Me want Scrawen's dingy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG