The online racing simulator
bt or talk talk broadband
(7 posts, started )
which one is best, i know they both arnt very good but my girlfreinds mum has just been offered a deal on talk talk, there on bt option 1 atm but dont know what talk talk package they are being offered. what have yur experiances been with each service provider?
#2 - 5haz
I've had BT for about 8 years, and they're pretty reliable in my area (touch wood), and fast enough for me (although not quite the 2mbit advertised).
TalkTalk is rather annoying. It has been unreliable in the past for us, and we do NOT get the 8mbit advertised at all. It seems that Sky is offering good all round deals (TV, Phone and Broadband.) We were with BT but then changed to TalkTalk for broadband and phone, because it seemed a better deal. Sky has always been our digital TV provider . Sky + HD rocks !
Quote from shaun463 : we do NOT get the 8mbit advertised at all.

Sometimes that is down to a crappy ISP, but 99% of the time it's entirely dependant on how far you are from the exchange. No ISP advertises 8mb ADSL. They always advertise UP TO 8mb.

Back on topic.... If that's the choice i would go with BT every time. Don't touch Talk Talk with a bargepole.
That is true, but they still heavily claim they can. I did a little check and I was getting 4.33mbit. That is not much more than half the claim. The exchange is in Northampton IIRC which is not that far away at all.
#6 - Bean0
Out of BT and Talktalk, I'd go with BT.

Quote from shaun463 :That is true, but they still heavily claim they can. I did a little check and I was getting 4.33mbit. That is not much more than half the claim. The exchange is in Northampton IIRC which is not that far away at all.

4.33 is fairly good...you need to be within spitting distance of your exchange to get 7.x (8 is impossible due to overheads).
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Bean0 :(8 is impossible due to overheads).

ORLY?

From Sam Knows:

"You are approximately 1.23km from the exchange. Note that this is the straight line distance - the actual cable length will be longer!"

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG