The online racing simulator
"Host Refused Connection"
(6 posts, started )
When I go to enter a particular server, I get a message saying "Host Refused Connection". Now, I have no idea what this means or how it happened.

My only guess is that I have been banned from the server, but I was never banned, or did anything to warrant being banned! Anyone know what the problem is?
#2 - filur
It can also mean the host computer simply refuses incoming connections on the set server port, but then nobody would be able to connect. Is the server empty?
Nope, theres a 24 person limit, and around 18/19 on it.
I don't what ban options are available in LFS but in other games it is possible to ban entire blocks of IP's.

Perhaps someone else was banned and you got hit with the shrapnel!

Go ask your neighbors if they have been being punks in LFS lately.
#5 - SamH
S2 bans by username, rather than by IP. If the message is indeed the result of a ban, it's tied to that rather than any ISP similarities with any other LFSers.

I don't know if the message you're seeing is because you've been banned or not (I've never seen it, but I haven't ever been banned [YET <g>]). It seems highly unlikely to me that you'd be banned from a server without knowing it. I suspect it's more likely a technical problem you're having.
#6 - Goop
that's the message you get when you've been banned... so I'm told It's possible for a server admin to ban you without you even being there. Maybe accidental, maybe someone just didn't like your skin/car choice/lack of moustache in a Moustache-Wearers Only Server..

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG