The online racing simulator
I-SCAR Test Race #1
(44 posts, closed, started )
Upon further review...it seems that #25 O. Rinne was not in full control of this car.

A LOT of accidents was actually cause by him. He tapped and ran into a lot of people.

Guys...this is a 900hp stock car a SINGLE LIGHT TAP WILL CAUSE YOU TO SPIN
Quote from Zay :you almost wrecked the whole pack multiple times,and you ran into just about everybody,plus you spun almost all of us out.
And Jordan2007,i dont know what you are talking about. from what i saw there was very,very little lag.

Why the hell did someone Sidious get flung out of the race?

Quote from lizardfolk :Yes, the vote ban was too hasty. Ur either an admin OR a racer. You cant be both. Since you opted to race, you shouldn't be making the decisions.

Yes and i was too late, so i decided to examine the race.

You need another admin in the race anyway to examine it, i saw hits from quite a few people which was on purpose, and no action was taken.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Main problem in this league is the laggy connections, probably isnt any of the drivers fault, maybe it could be the mod, but from what i saw, everyone was juddering about everywhere.

From what marcroft has said to me, i wont back him up just because hes my team mate but he did say he lagged, and what i have seen from marcroft driving over the year, i dont think he would of made a silly decision like that.

Sorry for saying this, but SidiousX.. you was very annoying in game.

Its Lizard's decision to take any action.

Especially banning on a test race.. its not right dude..

First of all, I did NOT vote ban, good job falsely accusing. When marcroft crashes you in turn 1 (after wrecking everyone in T1 twice that day already) I think I have a right to be a little annoyed. I hardly get pissed when I'm racing, and that one triggered me. He CLEARLY needs to learn to practice.
Quote from Jordan2007 :

You need another admin in the race anyway to examine it, i saw hits from quite a few people which was on purpose, and nothing happened..

yeh it was only me...so I couldn't see much at all since i was driving the SC
Quote from Jordan2007 :Why the hell did someone Sidious get flung out of the race?.

Yeah, I have NO idea how the hell that happened, I was driving down the main straight before the restart and then my car acted like someone spawned a barrier inside my car or something....
Why did you have vote ban on?

Anyway, don't lose hope people, there was only one admin there (sorry for not being there, I was supposed to be racing in the NDRC r8 + had connection issues.) The car is very hard to control - I'd say it's the hardest to control in LFS - but with lots of practice becomes definately manageable.

Think back to the first NDR Kyoto 250/500 test sessions. There were lots of experienced admins there, and it was just as bad as this seems to have been. But when the race came, it was very professional. 2 things made that good race happen: the competitors got a lot better with practice, and the admins, though already experienced, learnt how to handle that specific race.

There are a lot more things that can be improved here, and I'm sure they will be improved:
  1. More admins - easily done!
  2. Competitors getting better - there's a good deal of time before the league, as long as people practice and the bad eggs are rooted out, I'm sure this will be fine
  3. A - Admins more experienced B - Learn about this specific event - we are a lot less experienced than the NDR guys, but by the race, we should be fine!
NDR did not have to improve numbers 1 and 3a. And yet there was massive change between that first test race and the actual event. We, I'm sure, will improve even more, and so theoretically we should be even better than NDR!

That probably didn't make much sense, but basically what I'm trying to do is prove that, come the first race, the problems should be sorted. It's not a guarantee, not by any means, but if both parties puts the effort in, this could be a great league!
Thank you for the wonderful post Tim.

I agree, incompetence tends to show itself a lot towards the beginning races. This is why we have test races, to get people familiar with the car AND the limits of the car. That is why I suggest everyone join the practice races and practice as much as possible
I still think it was kinda dumb that the server got locked during qualifying.. or I would have been there,, I can understand not letting people join during a race.. but qual? really?
Quote from Soggyfrenchfries :I still think it was kinda dumb that the server got locked during qualifying.. or I would have been there,, I can understand not letting people join during a race.. but qual? really?

Christ do you guys never check you pm or something? All important commnication will always be given in pm INCLUDING server pass. I don't know of any league that doesn't do this besides LOTA (and that's cause they do it on their own website).

I locked it before quali cause I don't want random pol showing up to mess up re quali. Approved competitors should be able to join anyway cause of the password and info in pms....
Quote from SidiousX :Was a pretty shitty race tbh. Marcroft wrecked people in T1. People didn't know how to do pace laps(or drive for that matter), and my car like exploded, felt like I hit a barrier(and nothing was there, was just driving on the straight.....) Then I got kicked and now I can't get back in. This sucked. If it's this bad in the real series, then I don't even know If it'd be worth it, hope people practice.

I definatly have to agree with sid. these people raced like they knew nothing about racing.
the only people who did a good job in that whole race that was racing was sidious fufox and i. not because they are my teammates it is because they KNEW WHAT THE **** THEY WERE DOIN. they didnt crash any one they BROKE. they did everything anyone could ask. im really surprised 11 people showed up. i guess a lot of people think they got the races in the bag already....
damn fell asleep 10 mins before quaily, what happened?
would it be possible to get a replay of the race lizard? I watched it for a little via lfs remote.. but went to bed shortly after it started..
idk what u mean. and soggy i can send u the replay i saved it.
to brake, braked

to break, broke
We really need to have a replay posted (mainly for incedent reporting etc). It may be the 1st test race but that's kinda simple
Quote from Timdpr :We really need to have a replay posted (mainly for incedent reporting etc). It may be the 1st test race but that's kinda simple

this is partt of it
Attached files
arox spin.mpr - 810.5 KB - 121 views
To solve the problems that happened in this race the answer is easy PRACTICE GUYS i mean there were guys that couldnt control they car and spin sometimes others were trying imposible overtakes and long braking Im not gonna call names, but in general almost every1 on that race need practice alot of it will be awesome if every1 can drive the car all the laps consistently and do clean overtakes
This thread is closed

I-SCAR Test Race #1
(44 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG