The online racing simulator
The G/W/C Problem
(9 posts, closed, started )

Poll : What should we do about the G/W/C?

Toss it.
When the G/W/C comes out caution for 6-7 laps.
Have the G/W/C/ period ends with 6-7 laps to go
Keep the G/W/C, and manually calculate results
The G/W/C Problem
Alright guys here's the deal.

I really really wanna implement a G/W/C (green white checkered). For those of you who dont know what it is (you actually should since it's in the rules atm :razz

Quote from lizardfolk :
Green/White/Checker: This is known as "overtime" in racing. We will make 2 attempts at a clean finish. If there is a crash with 2 or more laps to go. The race will be extended. If on the final G/W/C there is still a crash, the race will end under a caution. G/W/C is meant to help create a clean and exciting finish. Emphasis on CLEAN. Please be careful.
Important Note: For those who might feel that this rule would be annoying for the drivers. Keep in mind that G/W/C is overtime already. Therefore, the race should have already theoretically ended. Thus, overtime doesn't necessarily have to be set by an absolute distance. It could end anywhere (as in some other sports). So, under G/W/C conditions, you race for the nearest caution (which could come at anytime) and not the finish. Keep this mentality in mind and it will still be a exciting finish regardless if it ends with a checkered or yellow. A fight is a fight

Here's the problem.

Most of the races will be over 100 laps. In LFS, once the lap counts goes over 100, LFS will only allow laps to be added by increments of 10...so...what do you guys wanna do?
hmm add more pace car laps at the start?
Quote from Mustafur :hmm add more pace car laps at the start?

Do you really want to be under 6 or 7 pace laps at the start? Races over 100 has to be in increments of 10.
Im sure even though the race distances dont equal the amount of the race it shouldn't really matter.

I as for one don't really mind.
-Doing it manually will cause a mess.
-6-7 lap race to the finish ruins the point of a GWC.
-6-7 laps under caution will turn the tires into ice.

So thanks to LFS I say toss it.
Quote from PMD9409 :-Doing it manually will cause a mess.
-6-7 lap race to the finish ruins the point of a GWC.
-6-7 laps under caution will turn the tires into ice.

So thanks to LFS I say toss it.

Well...it'll be a mess for us admins to calculate...but hey, I wont complain if you guys give me less work to do
LFS is screwy. Until that's fixed there will be no G/W/C
Chequered...

This isn't a board game.

This thread is closed

The G/W/C Problem
(9 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG