The online racing simulator
g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
g25 on xbox 360
the g25 as many may know, is not compatable with the xbox 360, this is because of a feud the two manufacturers had a while back, and they are being babys about it. if they just come to an agreement, then they will BOTH make more money . for the reason of the g25 not being able to run on the xbox i want a ps3 more now, but that does not have many racing games at all. is there ANY way that i can get the logitech g25 to work with the xbox 360 if i get one
No.
i read from a quick google search that the fanatec wheel with the g25 pedals will work, but thats not much, but wont it atleast register as an unknown device or something that i can program the axis? or register as a wheel?
is the ps3 better do you think?
Yes.

But I own a 360
why...i am a pure sim racer, nfs is not bad, and grid is pretty good, but sims are where im at cod is good but its on both so no need mentioning it
Quote from logitekg25 :why...i am a pure sim racer, nfs is not bad, and grid is pretty good, but sims are where im at cod is good but its on both so no need mentioning it

make cant get ps3 unless you wanna buy it
Quote from mutt107 :massive downgrade.

Says the Xbox user that doesn't know what anything good even is.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Go trade it in and make the massive upgrade to a PS3.

twat

No, the G25 WILL NOT WORK with the xbox.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Says the Xbox user that doesn't know what anything good even is.

The PS3 is like a really hot woman, perfect tits, ass and blowjob lips. But she's terrible in bed and doesn't know any good "games" to play.

The xbox on the other hand, is like a mediocre normal looking woman. A little noisy and annoying sometimes, but great fun in bed.

I say Dustin never had good sex in his life.
Quote from jibber :The PS3 is like a really hot woman, perfect tits, ass and blowjob lips. But she's terrible in bed and doesn't know any good "games" to play.

The xbox on the other hand, is like a mediocre normal looking woman. A little noisy and annoying sometimes, but great fun in bed.

I say Dustin never had good sex in his life.

I think the PS3 is like a goth chick, all dark and moody, trying to be cool, but failing, she can be fun, but takes a lot of prodding to do so.

the 360 is a bit like a cheerleader, all blonde hair and toothy smiles, she looks like see won't be much fun, but boy does she go!!!.
lol. you guys make me laugh with the console description. XD

the 360 IS better than the ps3 in everything, but reading dvd's
Quote from danowat :

the 360 is a bit like a cheerleader, all blonde hair and toothy smiles, she looks like see won't be much fun, but boy does she go!!!.

Well i would prefere the Cheerleader it self more, with consoles i allways have after a good bit, that i never touch it again
The G25 can't work with the 360 because of the way it handles FFB. I don't remember the specifics, but it's related to how the wheel interprets a standard signal. I believe the 360 doesn't have native FFB support, so wheels need to be tailored to translate the standard rumble into a FFB effect but normal USB wheels don't have that ability.

Or something like that.

In terms of the games you want, it makes very little difference since they all have comparable titles.
Quote from Dajmin :The G25 can't work with the 360 because of the way it handles FFB. I don't remember the specifics, but it's related to how the wheel interprets a standard signal. I believe the 360 doesn't have native FFB support, so wheels need to be tailored to translate the standard rumble into a FFB effect but normal USB wheels don't have that ability.

I heard it was something similar but I have always wondered why then can't it be used just without ffb? even that would be better than no wheel at all.
xbox is cheaper and thus more popular, so the game companies make their games for that system and that makes it even more popular, so that makes it better in one way; the ps3 is better in every way, but it is also much more expensive, so not many people have it, nobody wants to risk putting their games out for that, and anybody who has it thinks it is the bomb

so there is NO way that i will get the xbox to work with it AT ALL? then which one is better, an xbox 360 or a ps3? (this is going to be quite the debate )
Quote from logitekg25 :then which one is better, an xbox 360 or a ps3? (this is going to be quite the debate )

The is no answer to that question.
Quote from danowat :The is no answer to that question.

There is. It's: Whichever offers more exclusive titles you like
i gotta do research now i already know the 360 has more racing games to offer, and has cod5 so i am happy, but no g25 support, which is why i want racing games...but the ps3 has support, but it has no good sims, except for crappy arcade games

all my friends want me to get an xbox, all my cousins want me to get a ps3...this is going to get hard!! (thats what she said)
Or whichever one you want to make your poorer, faster.

The PS3 has it's pluspoints like BluRay, but it soon gets boring. The lack of Anti-Aliasing in almost all its game frustrates me, as does the lack of any proper car games. The 360 has a much better online system, and the way it invites your freinds to games and private chat's is very clever and works incredibly well.

The only reason 360's get such a hard press, is that Microsoft rushed realeasing it, so that they were the first "next gen" console on the market. Therefore, the software and hardware was unrefined and failed alot. Now though, its all sorted and alot less people are getting the RROD, and if you do, its easy to get it sent back and does not take long.

As for the way the consoles look, does not bother me in the slightest. I wouldn't give a crap whether my 360 was just a boring triangle shape. Aslong as it plays game, thats all that matters to me. I also find the controllers alot better on the 360. This can be proved as microsoft have won multiple awards over the years for there controllers comfort, and they have spent alot of time making the controller. I find the PS3's controller too small, light and the triggers are way to sensitive, often resulting in accidental button pressing.

As for gameplay, both consoles are around the same. The processors are different (PS3 has nine cores opposed to the 360's 3), but both put out the same power and performance and the graphics cards are similiar specced. The only difference in graphics would be that the PS3 does not use Anti-Aliasing in alot of there games. Alot of people say thats not true, or that they dont mind it, but it is true, and i personally find it very annoying and distracting.

Also, if your looking for more racing games, then a 360 would be better. The 360 has forza, with forza 3 coming in october. Sure, GT5 may end up with more content, but the physics are most likely going to be superior, atleast judging from GT5:P's physics, as they are terrible.

If your worried about a G25 not working on your 360, then you could always save up your pennys and buy a fanatec wheel. The fanatec wheel's are far superior to the G25's, but the price reflects this.
i could start a debate about the fanatec wheel being beter then the g25, but i wont the shifter is too flimsy, and it wont work on my cockpit because my shifter is not in line with my wheel

gt4 was horrible physics, and it scarred me for life when no matter what i did the viper understeered with a drift setup, with TONS of mods to the engine :cry:

not sure what anti-aliasing is, but i guess i want it...so i guess i want to ask is forza available on pc?
Multiplatform titles are usually fairly even across the two. Early on it used to be that the 360 ones were smoother for online, but these days there's very little difference.

360 has Halo 3, PS3 has KZ2.
360 has Gears, PS3 has Uncharted. Different styles, but still both good 3rd-person titles
360 has Forza, PS3 has GT.
Not sure the 360 has anything like LBP, but then the PS3 doesn't have anything like Dead Rising or Crackdown.

I have both, so I'm pretty neutral on the whole debate, but the online experience is far more reliable on the 360 IMO. I keep randomly timing out on PSN in the middle of games. And the PS3 doesn't come with a bundled headset.

But then again, the 360 doesn't have anything like this

g25 on xbox 360
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG