The online racing simulator
Crash, I don't think I'm in the wrong...
So I'm in a FXR in an all GTR race on AS3. I'm not new to the came but I'm just coming back and bad so it's the same thing..

Start of the race

'John' gets a bad start to the race and is quickly overtaken by a FXR

He takes a dart down the inside of the guy in 1st which is going to force him out wide and to take the wrong line completely

I think "Hmm, I fancy some of that.." and do the same to him

He hits my rear quarter panel as he tried to be arrogant and take the racing line which he had previously denied to the guy who started 2nd. He then bounced off of me and onto the front of the guy who started 2nd who's car spins him into the gravel.

TV camera action shot
What is it that you wanted to say? it is just a bunch of pictures with a little story. It is always a mess even before T1 in that server.
Just asking if I'm in the wrong in general racing rules by diving down the inside.
Not really, but it is JUST before T1. I would've gone a little more to the inside and check those blind spots if you are. If you are in front of him (and you know it) then you can move so that you can see him at all times in your mirrors.

Now he didn't see you because he didn't look into his blind spot either and therefore didn't see you. Normally when I overtake someone in, or just in front, of a large corner (as that one) I sound the horn to let them know I am there.. It usually goes wrong : >

Anywho, yes he was wrong but think for yourself, is it smart to overtake there? especially in the inside.
Thanks.
It would be better if you posted the replay, do you have tyres locked up at point of impact? how much faster are you than normal at this point?, would you have made the corner without his impact?

replays are always better than stills

SD.
judging by the rubber your braking produced, it does look like you were going a bit too fast and weren't in full control. In that case I'd say you were in the wrong and made a poor choice. If you were in control, stuff happens, can't be helped
That's racing!
I think this is just about "on-topic" but the link may be a little tenuous.

I fully understand that it is annoying to be fighting for position and then get punted off into the gravel, but I feel that the atmosphere in some races is spoiled by the angry messages that are sent by the aggrieved.

I will freely admit that sometimes I get annoyed after being punted into the gravel, and also admit that I am sometimes in the situation of the accused whereby I cannot avoid causing someone elses unfortunate demise.

However, it would be nice if some people could just take a step back, put things into perspective and think something along the lines of:

"Oh well, let's just focus on race 2 instead".

It is irritating, but by no means the end of the world. I have also found that as long as you stick with it you can normally pull a podium finish out of the bag simply by putting the T1 experience behind you and putting in some consistent (but not necessarily blisteringly fast) laptimes.

So "a sincere apology" to anyone that I may have been involved in an accident with, and "no hard feelings" to anyone that in turn may have removed me from the race.

Make LFS a happier place to be
Quote from WhackableMole :I think this is just about "on-topic" but the link may be a little tenuous.

I fully understand that it is annoying to be fighting for position and then get punted off into the gravel, but I feel that the atmosphere in some races is spoiled by the angry messages that are sent by the aggrieved.

I will freely admit that sometimes I get annoyed after being punted into the gravel, and also admit that I am sometimes in the situation of the accused whereby I cannot avoid causing someone elses unfortunate demise.

However, it would be nice if some people could just take a step back, put things into perspective and think something along the lines of:

"Oh well, let's just focus on race 2 instead".

It is irritating, but by no means the end of the world. I have also found that as long as you stick with it you can normally pull a podium finish out of the bag simply by putting the T1 experience behind you and putting in some consistent (but not necessarily blisteringly fast) laptimes.

So "a sincere apology" to anyone that I may have been involved in an accident with, and "no hard feelings" to anyone that in turn may have removed me from the race.

Make LFS a happier place to be

I did this after the race and he was like go home noob. I'm not a noob and I explained that all I did was force him wide which was the same as he did to the guy to the left of him and that he actually hit me.
Quote from DeclanJ :I did this after the race and he was like go home noob. I'm not a noob and I explained that all I did was force him wide which was the same as he did to the guy to the left of him and that he actually hit me.

You shouldn't have forced him to go wide. If he jumps in a river, would you do the same? I mean, you are being a prick there too so you are just as bad as he is.
I think there are two different questions here. First is was it his fault for hitting you. Second is should you have attempted the pass in the first place. Both are hard to answer with just the pictures. It looks like you had significant overlap before turn in and maybe before the braking point. To me that means you had the right to space in the corner. Therefore the accident was his fault. As for the second question, it looks to me as if you really locked your brakes trying to make the pass. That can't be good for your tires. I don't know how fast you are going but the other does have the right to space in the corner so if you are still going to fast, you may not have been able to give him that space. If that is the case and he didn't hit you, you might have ended up hitting him. The pass attempt itself may have been ill-advised.
Crashhh
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2145

Let's just read this article and lay this thread to rest eh? The forum isn't really the place to air one's grievances about a competitor. Just put it behind you and get on with the racing.

Sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment that we regret later. The sooner we learn from this and realise the pitfalls, the sooner we can continue to improve.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG