The online racing simulator
NK Pro vs LFS Tires
(132 posts, started )
Who cares? Reading something from a VRC developer is more interesting then the usual nkPro vs LFS talk.
serpent sells f1s these days ?!? cant find any info on them on their hp
They're not ready to sell the F1 cars yet. No idea when they will do that as they're still doing prototypes and testing them. These are running grooved, "real" rubber (not foams) that look like real F1 tires. Unfortunately that means they don't have nearly as much grip as the normal 1/8 scale tires do, so the first prototype they ran with standard rear wheel only brakes was apparantly not too well behaved when you wanted to slow down and turn. Those wings don't make nearly as much downforce as the standard Lola diffuser type bodies do, which just compounds the problem. A couple months ago on a visit to the office they had one with four wheel brakes added. That one ran three disc brakes as the rears are done on the layshaft so only need one disc there.

It's a RWD car with pushrod suspension just like the real F1 cars use along with a rear diff. Very trick setup with a long, narrow chassis and all that. A bit longer than the regular 1/8 scale cars, but more narrow of course. They were running a .12 engine in it that was more than enough power for those hard rubber tires. I haven't seen them actually run either car though unfortunately since I was stuck working on VRC in their office when they ran the first prototype for the first time.
Quote from jtw62074 :It's a RWD car with pushrod suspension just like the real F1 cars use along with a rear diff.

sounds like theyre just trying to find a way to sell the old veteq suspensions
I thought of that too lol No, these are a totally new design
hmmm this is becoming a serious thread hijack

anyway you seem to be involved deeply into the rc scene so you might be able to tell me what happened to electric 1:10 f1 cars, pro10 and 1:10 buggies ... all those series seem to be rather dead these days
No idea, sorry

NK Pro vs LFS Tires
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG