(96 posts, started )

Poll : Will Massa race in Valencia?

Closed since :
No!
Yes!
#1 - samjh
Massa: will he race in Valencia?
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77434

So, Massa is determined to race in Valencia. Typical racing driver, eh?

But what's the reality? Will he be fit enough to race, or will his doctors strap him to his bed in an inescapable hold?

Personally, I think Massa should rest up and miss Valencia, and perhaps Spa as well. Head injuries have a nasty and potentially lethal tendency to bring up complications without warning, even months after recovery.
I reckon his more then fit enough, its just the doctor percutions that will proberly hold him back, let alone there still may things that mri's havnt shown ect.
Who knows he might just loose his nerve trailing another car in fear of something happening.
My thoughts really but thats all they are, id be wrapped to see Massa back, but would rather he came back when he was ready rather then premature.
So all in all, im on the fence wheres the dont know option?
Absolutely not... There's no way he'll be ready to get back behind the wheel of an F1 car, not for a fair few months to a year probably... I doubt his doctor's, family or team will allow it tbh :/
#4 - wild
One word: Nope

He should just wait until he is deemed fit enough by the doctors to race again, there's really not any point in rushing things.

He's not really got a lot to lose. A few hours of track time, when he could be keeping fit and preparing himself for the remaining races of 2009.
Offcourse he wants to race when he is able too. It's the only right thing for him to say. But he won't be able to race.
Who the hell voted yes?! I think he won´t be able in attend to any of the coming races.
Of course not, there's no way the doctors will let a driver who fractured his skull race after only a month, even if he thinks he's fit
While Massa himself may be pushing to race, I cann't see any of the doctors allowing him to race Valencia. I know roughly for some bone breaks but I don't know about skull fractures but I can't see it being within 4 weeks or even 6.
i'd say no, if he's got any sense he should be thankfull that a, he's ok and b, it didn't happen in a season were he was challenging for the championship. take the opportunity to rest and recuperate, when he's up to it spend time at the factory with the designers etc and be refreshed and ready to go when the testing season starts for next year.
FIA arent stupid enough to pass someone fit after having a skull injury.
No. Ferrari won't let him. His doctors won't let him. The FIA won't let him.

A repeat incident with an already weakened skull (it will take a few months to fully heal) would almost certainly be fatal. Its unlikely but completely possible.
No.
I bet he won't be back until at least Monza.

I wonder how Schumacher is going to perform.
It's like every sportsman; they want to get back up and go back to competing in their sport as soon as possible after they have an injury and they think they're fit enough for the job, but quite often they're not up to it.

I don't think there's any way he'll be sat behind the wheel in Valencia.
Skull Fracture = be stupid to race!

4-6 weeks at the very very least!
he can race but as long as shumacher gets to do one race lol.

but in all seriousness an injury like that its very dangerous to risk by starting racing early, for safety reasons i would say untill atleast monza.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Hmmm... I have a funny feeling
I hope I'm wrong but I think he will race in Valencia
I don't know why, but Schuey is making an F1 comeback just seems too good to be true

Skull fractures are extremely serious and can have terrible side effects/consequences. massa will be wise to sit on the pit wall and watch. A not so big crash could kill him if he doesn't heal properly.
Theres a fine line between being brave and being foolish.

Massa just wants to get back into the car, but he has to wait till his injuries heal fully, and that would be no less than 8 weeks I would imagine.
Karts don't have springs that can fall off, and you won't be going at 150mph for one to hit you and almost knock you out, so you should hopefully be alright.
thats an easy no.
He won't. Remember Petr Cech and his skull injury? He was out for 4 months...
No way. I think he's not gonna race for a long time.
This is like if a runner brakes a leg, but after 2 weeks says he allready can run, how stupid can you be.
I don't think Massa will be back racing this season.

Problem is that the information that came out was different depending on who it came from so I dunno how serious it really was. What I mean by that is was it life threatening like some sources suggested, career threatening or what?
Quote from garph :I don't think Massa will be back racing this season.

Problem is that the information that came out was different depending on who it came from so I dunno how serious it really was. What I mean by that is was it life threatening like some sources suggested, career threatening or what?

It was at first but now its none he should make a full recovery, but since its skull damage it will be a very slow recovery even if he feels 100%.

Massa: will he race in Valencia?
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG