The online racing simulator
TDRT - Public Endurance Server
(81 posts, started )
Quote from Deutschland2007 :And at round about what time will the server open, so I can race there for as long as possible?

EDIT: Second question: The 105% laptime limit counts for all six singlecars, or for the fastest car in a class so that an FXR driver wouldn´t be able to join because he may be better than 105% of the FXR WR but can´t get into the 150% zone because the FZRs WR is too fast.

Not completely sure, but most likely it will be counted on the car you are driving.
Quote from PMD9409 :Not completely sure, but most likely it will be counted on the car you are driving.

Yeah really hope so. RB4 and FXR drivers would surely be handicapped if it didn´t. I´ve also attached a .txt file with the laptime that will be required on tomorrows Aston National track.
Niceee
next qualy is in 20 minutes! so hurry up
First server race and all let me win. Thanks guys...
Quote from R.Kolz :First server race and all let me win. Thanks guys...

Just wait until one of those aliens like Rudy comes to your server, then noone will let you win. I was the best XRR (and only) and finished 3rd in the GTR class with 4 cars finishing! What a great result!
Ahh well, it was a fun race :P albeit i was racing on my own (darn brakes = crash xD)... be back tomorrow for some more fun
Just now, two cars got to start because everyone else couldn't get pace in the 10 minutes. Might be a good idea to not lock the server if there were less than three or four or five to start the race ? That could be what some other checks can be used for. Just a thought, because it gets kinda boring to wait half an hour / 45 minutes to get a change again when there's only a couple cars in. When it's peak traffic, it won't be an issue, but later in the evenings, it would help keep the action going.

d
That´s a kind of tricky but I see what you mean. But unlocking would as well mean beginners on the race track in a 35 mins. TBO & GTR race. It would mess up the points standings as well. I think your post was made just before you got your server licence. How you feel about it now?
Yes, it "would help keep the action going". I´m just not sure if it would be the action we all would like to see on this server.
I think all we need here are some more days, some more quali sessions and all will be sorted out in a couple of days.

But we found some minor software related errors yesterday. The kicking for no server pb/bad car setup from the server will be removed and the joining in a car without licence will become easier. By default, for some racers, there were too many race messages during their races and will get adjusted.
#36 - CSF
As I said last night I think that can be solved by just making it LFS World, rather than what you have done on server. Maybe you can make it if they have 103% they can join mid race or something?
I might give this a try in the XRR at some point, I have been wanting to learn that car.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I might give this a try in the XRR at some point, I have been wanting to learn that car.

It´s worth learning to drive the XRR. It´s really fun. I also find it easier to drive the FZR when I´ve driven a couple of races with the XRR. Whenever I start of with the FZR straight away I crash every 30 seconds or so.
Great idea, very very interesting. One suggestion, put it up on Remote ... could not find it ...
One question how are you going to manage the 105% restriction with the handicapped cars (FZR and FXO)?
Quote from vicbel :Great idea, very very interesting. One suggestion, put it up on Remote ... could not find it ...
One question how are you going to manage the 105% restriction with the handicapped cars (FZR and FXO)?

restriction?! I think you got something wrong there. You have to have a laptime in the 105% zone of the current World Record, not 105% restriction.
I had some great races today with tdrt staff. Even tho as3 is overused i enjoyed those races. The only annoying thing was message saying to not forget to pit when i pitted many laps earlier...that should be fixed.
I'll try to be there a bit later tonight. Sounds fun
if i ever get a relilitivly good net i will be sure to check this idea out
very interesting i've done the TDRT league and the combination TBO & GTR are funny! have to race one of these days!
Good to see TDRT are still going strong. And this endurance server is just what LFS needs. If it were FOX or FO8 I would be there for sure. Might even check it out in a TBO/GTR
Quote from Deutschland2007 :restriction?! I think you got something wrong there. You have to have a laptime in the 105% zone of the current World Record, not 105% restriction.

I meant the 105% filter in terms of times.
I think what he's saying is that having 45kg restriction on the FZR makes it more difficult to get within 105% of the (unrestricted) WR than it is for the XRR or FXR, which are unrestricted on the server, to get within 105% of their WRs.

But 105% is pretty generous, so I don't think it's really an issue.
#48 - VoiD
Same goes for the trimmed FXO btw. So we added another 0.75% in TCD.txt. Just to make it more equal. You have to be a still crappy driver to not reach the 105,75%...

Quote :# IntakeRestriction und TimeAdjustment for restricted FXO on all tracks!!
Track=
Car=FXO
IntakeRestriction=3
TimeAdjustment=75

Thanks for all comments.

I think Trekker actually set the FZR restriction to 106% due to the mentioned reason

We´ve allowed midrace join now for a test. A racer < 105% will respect blue flags, we think.

AS4 (Historic) it is this evening.
Ky3 is todays track, not unknown since last IGTC round. Please join, here especially FZR drivers as we´d like to see how the FZR +45kg will be compared to the FXR and XRR´s on this track in an about 40 minutes race as well as we´d like to see some of the TBO drivers again from past TDRT league.

We temporarily changed from server PB to LFSworld PB as a test. Together with midrace join allowed, fast drivers won´t have to wait for a qualifying session anymore but can join any race right away.

TDRT - Public Endurance Server
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG