The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 43: Touge
(85 posts, started )
Quote from XCNuse :I hate to go O/T but that Civic, a TON of people post that thing on the Mazda 3 forum, honestly.. I think that civic is pretty freaking sweet looking.

Bit overdone yes, but props to the guy that designed it, a few things like those circly vents on the back & the sideways license plate throw it off but honestly that civic is awesome

as a show car of course, can't imagine driving that down the road is much fun, stress levels probably go out the roof seeing how low it all is :/

Call me a ricer I honestly don't care, after having my own car and seeing prices, it doesn't matter how crappy you may think it looks, but it costs even more, and that's awesome they came up with something that wild and then spent their own money just to be unique..

If it was in black with red striping or even white it would look badass.

Lower the roof wing though, it's to out of proportion for me though.

But honestly.. I think why I like it so much is because it reminds me of graffiti

You can't be serious...
no i'm not kidding, i'm an art major lol what do you expect?!
xcnuse, that is truely one of the best/the best edit i have ever seen! you have my vote!!
Quote from XCNuse :no i'm not kidding, i'm an art major lol what do you expect?!

how can you find that kinda car good looking? id prefer a civic like this

on topic, loved your picture, gets my vote
No I loooove that civic, I SERIOUSLY wish they had brought those things to the US, so many people would buy them... I would.. lol

I love the mugen version (but then again.. who wouldn't?!)
Nice edit

The mountains however look very unrealistic
Final Entry

Yeaah, gave it a go. Nothing really "WOW".
Attached images
Brandons48touge.jpg
Brandons48tougePREVIEW.jpg
Quote from brandons48 :Final Entry

Yeaah, gave it a go. Nothing really "WOW".

in my eyes that is 'really "wow"' bot, the back of the car looks like it is floating, if your car is on a seperate layer, you should use the rotate tool and rotate it maybe 5 degrees
Thanks, yeah it's on a seperate layer so i should be able to tweak it slightly.

Edit: Fixed, look any better?
Quote from brandons48 :Thanks, yeah it's on a seperate layer so i should be able to tweak it slightly.

if you used transparency to get the car/background visible, then you should have no limit (or atleast in gimp) you use black to make it transparent, and white to reverse the effect, so you rotate it, black it where it needs it, then touch up with white
Quote from only.one.RydeR :I will try to knock something up.

How much time left?

Until this Friday I think.

Quote from logitekg25 :if you used transparency to get the car/background visible, then you should have no limit (or atleast in gimp) you use black to make it transparent, and white to reverse the effect, so you rotate it, black it where it needs it, then touch up with white

Oh, i just cropped out the car from the screenie best i could.
Quote from brandons48 :Until this Friday I think.

Oh, i just cropped out the car from the screenie best i could.

if you use gimp, google transparency tutorial for gimp, or something like that, if you use photoshop, then i cannot help you

EDIT: p.s. transparency is a wonderful tool
Quote from logitekg25 :if you use gimp, google transparency tutorial for gimp, or something like that, if you use photoshop, then i cannot help you

Yeah I use GIMP, i'll try that tutorial, then i'll make a quick rally picture or something.
Quote from logitekg25 :if you use gimp, google transparency tutorial for gimp, or something like that, if you use photoshop, then i cannot help you

yes indeed it is, so is the eraser that makes things transperent alot easyer than color to alfa tool
Quote from batteryy :yes indeed it is, so is the eraser that makes things transperent alot easyer than color to alfa tool

That's what i did .

Anyone got some entries in the works?
Quote from batteryy :yes indeed it is, so is the eraser that makes things transperent alot easyer than color to alfa tool

can i have a tutorial? i have no idea what you are talking about every time i touch the eraser my edit always turns all white
dude, it really depends on what your using it for, in my case i had 2 layers, 1 with the screenie and 1 with the photo - the photo was the "background layer" I made a new layer, and selected "fill with transparency" then copy and pasted the screenshot into the new layer, then erased parts i didn't need so i was left with the car ontop of the photo.
Quote from brandons48 :
Anyone got some entries in the works?

Yeah I'm working on one atm

I hope it will be done by tonight
Here's my entry

Final entry
Attached images
lfs_comp43_enrty_full.jpg
lfs_comp43_enrty_preview.jpg
Quote from nicode69 :Here's my entry

Final entry

the theme is touge, not drift but still nice edit!!
well i thought cars could also overtake in a drift session

but maybe I'm worng
Quote from nicode69 :well i thought cars could also overtake in a drift session

but maybe I'm worng

That's far away from a touge track.. Do you actually know what touge means?
Quote from logitekg25 :can i have a tutorial? i have no idea what you are talking about every time i touch the eraser my edit always turns all white

Quote from brandons48 :dude, it really depends on what your using it for, in my case i had 2 layers, 1 with the screenie and 1 with the photo - the photo was the "background layer" I made a new layer, and selected "fill with transparency" then copy and pasted the screenshot into the new layer, then erased parts i didn't need so i was left with the car ontop of the photo.

no, that isnt it. you dont need layers, for some reaseon you gotta make a little part transperent with the color/colour to alfa thing. so heres what u gotta do
open the image you want some parts transperent, then you know the area selection tool, make a tiny square in to the area that is going to be transperent, then go to colour/colour to alpha and you can pick a colour but any colour does now. then click ok. now you are able to make things transperent with it. it is really easy and fast thing to do
hope this helped
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :nice job using same pic

who made that picture?
it's very nice

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :That's far away from a touge track.. Do you actually know what touge means?

I think i misunderstood what it meant

LFS Photomode Competition Round 43: Touge
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG