The online racing simulator
WRC Season 2006 & Catalunya
(6 posts, started )
I don't remember seeing a thread dedicated for 2006 rally season so it's a good time to make one now... especially because of the sad accicent that happened today in Catalynia.

http://www.eurosport.com/rally ... 006/sport_sto855775.shtml
http://www.crash.net/news_View ... pain-~cid~4~id~127200.htm

Bastuck lost his life after a tragic accident on SS2. Burkart and Bastuck had gone off the road in their Citroen C2 during the first run of the 24.14km El Montmell stage. While neither were injured in the incident itself, Bastuck was later hit by the Ford Fiesta of Barry Clark and Scott Martin, which left the road at the same place, striking the German as he was changing a wheel on the car.

The 36-year-old was airlifted to the Joan XXIII Hospital in Tarragona, where they certified his death at 11:30. As a mark of respect, there will now be no celebrations at the finish in Salou on Sunday.

Very weird accident. Somehow this starts to remind how the fatal accidents just started to bunch together in the last years of Group B. Everyone probably remembers what happened last year in RAC Rally. Interesting to see what kind post-mortem will there be after the rally.

edit: added link
i read tha on crash.net earlier. sad to hear
Quote from Unclefloug :Very sad news indeed, lose of life in motorsport is someithng which can often be so easily ovioded. Ihope some action will be taken to try and provent a tragic accident like this agian.

I don't believe FIA starts to do anything big for the regulations or rules for now. But the next fatal accicent could change the situation. Of course rally can never be 100% safe.
#4 - mr_x
sad news when i saw it on the WRC website earlier, also on the BBC Sport website, sounded like a very strange accident. i wouldnt be suprised if the FIA did something about it after the rally, good to see that the competitors/orginisers are respecting this tragic death by not having the celebrations at the end of the rally
Shit Thats pure bad luck.

If I was the Ford Fiesta driver I don't know what I'd do... He must feel really bad now.

R.I.P.
#6 - OPK
Arf

Strage incident.
Bastuck was a well known co driver in the german rally scene...

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG